Home Chat General Chat

If you must drink, which is best...

Hi,

I have a works doo Friday night which I can't get out of. If I must drink, what's got the least calories, and hence easier to burn off on Saturday morning.

I haven't drank in long time due to training, but my tipple would normally be Guinness, which is probably one of the worst? I don't really like larger, quite like Gin and Jack Daniel's with mixer.

So what is going to do the least damage.

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Only drink if you want to....you may have to go to the do, but you cannot be forced to drink. I would go with the G&T..you can drown the G with the T, & maybe substitute it for mineral water thru the evening if you want to look as if you are drinking, after all one sparkling clear liquid looks just like another.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    If your thinking about the calories britspin is right G+T is pretty much bottom of the calorific list, plus you get some cramp cover from the quinine in the tonic

Personally however I would go for the guinness! It may be a meal in a glass, but it has tonnes of iron in it and there is some recent evidence it may prevent heart attacks!
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Hey Britspin,

Is that a Malt Loaf cycling jersey?! Where can I get me one of those?
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Man I love guiness and g & t. Would have to do both.

And you can get the soreen jersey here http://www.foska.com/road-jerseys/mens/. Pricey though!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    If you are going to drink why not trat yourself and have your tipple of choice! Once cant hurt can it!
  • AndreAndre Posts: 103
    There was an article on this in the American magazine Inside Triathlon - which I'm afraid I don't have to hand right at this moment - covering Alcohol Periodization, i.e. what to drink and when.

What I can recall is: Guinness was praised for being (relatively) low in calories and full of iron; red wine for is anti-oxident qualities; and mojito-style drinks (i.e. light spirits with plenty of ice and water, with fresh lime, sugar and mint) for their taste and simplicity.
  • Guinness all the way.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Guinness mojitos it is then.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Flavadave wrote:

And you can get the soreen jersey here http://www.foska.com/road-jerseys/mens/. Pricey though!

Gotta be the Fullers London Pride jersey....
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    do you think that sometimes it all becomes a little bit too serious.... a couple of drinks on friday night???
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Mate if i were you get absolutly shite faced, drink till you cant stand anymore, fall over be sick on the boss.

Then recover all day sat saying never again, god my head.

Sunday go out and do at least 20-30 miles on the bike followed by 5/6 miles run, and you will be right back where you were on fri.

• Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    Jules wrote:
    ORIGINAL: Flavadave

Disagree - the marmite jersey with - "Great in Bread" on the back - World beating pun!!