Home Chat General Chat

The Official (drinking) Wall of Shame

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Anothr brace of Thatchers gold last night. This is becoming a regular friday post for me! Bring on next thursday I can taste that gold cider already.
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    TGI Friday!! Haven't touched a drop since last Saturday - tonight will be fun
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Have managed no beer since Sunday! Believe it or not, that's good for me. I WILL NOT BE DRINKING TONIGHT.

• 2 shots of tequila

line of coca

4 pints of guinnes

4 boiled eggs

bean sandwich

:( im gonna pay for this

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I hope you're joking. That sounds like substance abuse to me. I would let you off with 2 boiled eggs, but 4! You'd probably fail a doping test, if it wasn't for the masking properties of the bean sandwich. You should watch out. And I bet the street price that you paid for those eggs would have bought a nice load of tri kit. They probably weren't free range eggs either, so you are no doubt funding the egg smuggling trade, the columbian egg cartels, and as a result dishing out misery to hundreds of poor chickens, that are trapped by poverty into a life of producing cheap eggs, because it's the only way they can get old of a basic supply of the grain they need to eat. You should be ashamed: not only bad for you, but morally bankrupt too.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    This is a pre-emptive drinking admission. Off to watch london irish today for the St.pats game. So i'm going to estimate now - one hip flask of jamesons, around 13 pints of guinness - good job i dont have to squeeze into my wet-suit yet![:D]
    Ha-haaaaa

No beer this weekend!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I have however consumed a bottle of wine [:@] And three Bicardi & cokes [8|]
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278

3 bottles of bud

1 vodka lime and lemonade

1 mojito ( bloody good one made right in front of me from scratch)

6/7 more vodka lime and lemonade's ( WHO'S COUNTING AT THIS STAGE)

Fell asleep woke up, headache !!

Gym this morning 40 mins on treadmill and going swimming tonight, does one equal out the other

• hahahahahaha
    Doh!

Frankie and Benny's last night.......doh!........3........pints.........of...........stella..........doh!

But hey.......that's not too bad......is it?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Had some lovely sparkling blueberry & apple drink on Saturday night.

Pause whilst polishing halo.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    still sober
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    haven't been on the forum for about a week (I know, shame on me!!!).

Do you people realise that this is about the most posted thread in those 7 days!!??

SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!

PS: had two glasses of wine saturday evening, so the last remark counts for me too.[:)].......[:D]
    I am going to hold my hands up to a Tri dirty weekend.

I had 2 pints on DOOMBAR which was like nectar from the gods, then a bottle od sol and a Gin and Tonic to wash it down a some Fish and chips, Pan fried squid with spanish sausage then surf and turf with king prawns again pan fried.

I spent the weekend in St Ives cornwall living it up B and B style (did I mention the fry up in the morning).

By the way forgot to mention NO TRAINING AT ALL!
    still sober
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Oh dear.. another pre-emptive post. Off to Krakow for the weekend and there is no way I am staying sober (taking the mother).

Vodka, polish beer and pierogi aplenty. I am taking my running gear though, so not an entirely lost weekend.

Na zdrowie.

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    try the Julishka and the slivoviç, finely home distilled plum liquor( well, thats what they call it anyway; just some old bat fart on methanol if you ask me!). But once you drunk it, you won't mind, even water from the thames tastes a treat after that, all sensible thoughts are IM-distance away. [:D][X(][X(][X(]
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    flavadave, try the underground bar as well, they do 5L beer things - though i can't remember name of it!

Do choc liqeurs count as drinking?

• Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    Leaving do from my work (of 5 years) - 3 pints of guiness (or was it two?) don't know anymore - such a lightweight!!
    still sober but its difficult
    still sober. Not that difficult any more...
  • Jack Hughes wrote:

still sober. Not that difficult any more...

i have to agree.. I have been sober since the 7th and now its easy!! even easier than drinking ever was. i go to the pub, which costs me nothing on tap water or 50p a pop for orange dilutey stuff, and i can hold an adult conversation rather than gibberish between gulps of wine. no hangover obviously and can leave early enough to be able to walk home in the light. did i mention the calories i save?! i dont feel so bad now when i have a couple of weekend treats like pizza and ice cream.

i recommend it, especially for the cash even if not for the training!! x
    spent a couple of nights in Dublin this week, but NO guinness. YEAH [:D]

i stuck to 'probably the best lager in the world' [X(]

I'm Gary and i have no willpower at all.
    still sober
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    I don't drink at all - always sober.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I have been clean for over a week!

The dreaded 30 is next Sat though so im gueesing there will be a few posts on here this week.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Pint of Hookey at lunch on Sat, pint of something else dinner Sat eve. Broken my duck...oh well Sunday is the first day of the rest of my life.
    Party on saturday night so the drinks flowed. 3 pints of the black stuff and a Gin and tonic.

New week new life!
    Still not a drop has passed my lips since pancake day - and less than a fortnight to go now!

We've just been putting together our wine order for Easter. Good old internet. Oh, I didn't know it was possible to salivate over wine!

Easter Monday I will have a blood platelet donation at 11am. This will take an hour or so. Which will take me up to pub opening time. Then off to one of the best pubs in the world to work my way through the range of guest ales (particularly partial to Dark beers at the moment - also, love anything from the Thornbridge Brewery in Derbyshire), together with regular favourites like Old Peculiar. Of course, my new alcohol intolerance will probably make that a bit of a challenge.

Now, the real question is: what to do post Lent - I really do need to generally drink less - and not binge (which is anything more than 2 pints of a decent) ale.

I don't want to abstain totally, as nice beer/wine is one of my few pleasures - but once you have one...
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Thought I'd better post this one :S ... Saturday night birthday do - was well into the double figures on lager .... was a good night tho ;)