Home Chat General Chat

Cyclists eh!!!!!

Having recently read on some posts here that us super human athletes are not proper cyclists I had to go and find out for myself.......were not.

[image]local://1933/E58CF9714A4640FCA896C0CB1D48D541.jpg[/image]

Perhaps too much soreen can be a bad thing...

Comments

• why.....why socks and sandles....
  • Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    Dodgy tash!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    This guy, I forget his name is actually a minor celebrity in Italy. He attends most of the Gran Fondos and gets round them - usually the small versions. He's a hero to some guys out there.

Italy has a Grand Fondo circuit and being Italy they are very well run, very well attended and are quite a big deal - TV coverage think London Marathon on a weekly basis. Loads of characters show up as well as ex pros, top amateurs club teams and wannabes thery're great.

My favouite character is Marcello who drives to sign on in his Ferrari wearing full Colnago kit and then takes out from under the bonnet (rear engined car) a beautiful Colnago and off he goes!

• treefrog - is he not that chef guy who has been on 'take on the takeawy' and things???

oh but on a less joking side i love seeing the pictures in tri mags of the larger competitors - it reminds the rest of us not to be so hoighty toighty in pursuit of our sport. often the bigger guys and gals are faster than the skinny ones!! Ive seen it. also my ex is a fairly hefty guy, he's def overweight, but the guy is fit!! he used to whoop me at squash and was even a pretty good runner.

but im thinking this guy should pick some less ... conspicuous colours!!!

(thinking i havent spelt conspicuous correctly!)

x
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    not proper cyclists

....have i missed something. He's definitely NOT a proper cyclist, he just cant be, not with sandals on, not without a helmet, and oh yeah - he hasn't got a bike [8D]
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Looks like a fellow competitor in the clydesdale category.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    No. skinnier = faster
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    though the red in his cap probably makes him faster than ever!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    treefrog wrote:

No. skinnier = faster

Are you sure you want to go down this cul de sac again.

If I knew where Ireland was I would challenge you to a race.
  • downhill, with a strong tailwind, in the big gears..... hed be like a bullet out of a gun
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    dont you mean a shot out of a musket - fast until a side wind comes along! and what sort of tail wind are we talking about?

Though in a drafting race it would be good (you could get a whole pelleton behind him!)
  • jasonculljasoncull Posts: 36
    I assuem the bulge at the front are where he stores his bottles and gels etc!!!!!