Home Chat General Chat

Music whilst training

I know its been done before, but what you got playing on your i pod whilst training.

Personnally i like house/dance music, i found one recently on itunes just type in juice podcast Sexy Funky House Music UK by Max Corderoy is banging.

But what keeps you going on those two hour runs/rides.

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Jelly legs wrote:
    But what keeps you going on those two hour runs/rides.

MY LEGS!!!!
  • jelly legs, at the moment im pushing the long runs out "hungry" by kosheen remixed by satochi tommie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zMcASRcFuw

i like good quality "trance" music for my runs, but to be honest its hard to buy a good mix thats not full of cheese.

im all rocked out. though i love metal,hard rock, i dont thing i could possible listen to another metallica or gng album while i train. not for a while anyway.
  • I look at girls if im treadmilling it. I know this is generally frowned upon, but come to my gym, youll understand.

If i have music usually a bit of ACDC, Metallica or something heavy and fast (like me :D)

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Outside of staving off boredom on the turbo the only things I listen to when training are my body and the little devil on one shoulder and the little devil on the other shoulder.

Music is a cop out switch it off, del with the pain and go faster

• MowfMowf Posts: 272
    treefrog wrote:

Outside of staving off boredom on the turbo the only things I listen to when training are my body and the little devil on one shoulder and the little devil on the other shoulder.

Music is a cop out switch it off, del with the pain and go faster

I agree with pretty much everthing you say, but you're wrong on this one. Whack this bad boy in your MP3 and watch your tempo run turn into a full on sprint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qae_TUTeGo

I know I posted this on another thread. But it is that awesome, I think it is fully justified.
  • lauraflauraf Posts: 31
    Music is a cop out switch it off, deal with the pain and go faster

Yeah I agree lol, well it sounds better than the real reason I train in silence (I can't actually work out how to put the music onto my MP3 player!)
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Without sounding too obtuse,I tend to use music/video to try and distract my focus away from the session and then learn to tune out the distraction to create a more intense mind set, an hour later and I cannot remember if I was listening to music or not.There are alot of distractions in a race particularly the larger events,one lapse of the mind and your months of training are down the Liffy.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Its gotta be some up beat 80's and 90's house. The KLF are good for a long run. Fat Boy slim for short pacey run.
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    @halfanironman

do you know the Anjuna Beats label? Fantastic trance - no cheese. They released a 'best of' a while back which is a classic IMHO and fantastic for workouts
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    @lauraf...thank god i'm not the only one out there that cant work out how to put music on an mp3 player. I bought an ipod and a friend put some (hooky, i think) music on there. That was fine til i plugged it in to recharge it, it got wiped clean!

Needless to say i now train with no music, just the familiar sound of my huffing and puffing. sad but true...
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    I dont listen to anything while training. From all the books Ive read on training it is not recommended as it is not allowed in races. So stick to race conditions.. I think you build mental strength better without music to distract you from the pain.

Another reason I dont bring my ipod is I do a lot of road running on busy roads so I need to be alert, same with bike. DOnt want to run into a truck, or a deer. :p

I do like the song by Empire of the sun though which makes me wanna train... "We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it"...

IK

• must check this out. thanks.

im listining to a lot of hybrid, and satoshi yomiee lately.