Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon romance....?

And no, I dont mean a love affair with the sport, we all have that! Has anyone met their beau at a triathlon, or clocked somebody and really wished that after the event they had caught their name?

There are so many fit guys in lycra at these events sometimes it's hard to see straight!! And you're all so friendly too. Good times! Got chatting to one guy at Droitwich sprint last year, we had exactly the same bike, racked next to each other. I thought 'crikey moses, this must be fate' and then spotted the very beautiful, smiling wife and gorgeous kids. Cue balloon deflate and wry chuckle.

Can't win 'em all. lol

But window shopping rocks.

Comments

• I met this girl i fell in love with at the london tri.
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Romance pah......

I've seen plenty of young ladies that I'd like to naughty things to though. Does that count??????
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I did Droitwich..he says hopefully.

Quick press send before Lady Britspin arrives.
  • not me but two club members who had not previously met as one of them lives away got to know each other at a club event in october and its been full on since then..!
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    Got to admit their something about a male or female in lyrca (what ever takes your fancy)that is sexy . Meeting a nice/fit female at a event always makes it far more enjoyable and memorable.

I have some friends who meet each other at the tri club and know live togeather does that count

It would be far easier meeting a follow tri person would make life easier as we spend so much time training and I think a person also involved would understand the commitment it take in time and travelling.

There always seem to be more guys at events so must make it like a child in a candy shop for you females, you just need to find the single one. For us guys it's a lot more difficult as there is less female and again you don't know weather they are single or not

But it would be nice to meet a female at a event who one could have some relationship with
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    pacman2102 wrote:

Got to admit their something about a male or female in lyrca (what ever takes your fancy)that is sexy .

In theory... When I tried my tri-suit on to show my lady wife I thought she was going to wet herself she laughed that hard. She was still laughing to herself the next day just thinking about it!

Actually...

My names Dave, age 34, balding, slightly overweight with chicken legs, WLTM fit young female triathlete with GSOH for drooling over expensive bikes and sharing malt loaf. Sorry scrap the last one, I ain't sharing my malt loaf with nobody!

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Ironman Switzerland in 2004,I was suffering in the run and reduced to stroll,when a very attractive young lady enquired as to whether I was married or available.I was hot, sweat stained and I couldn't see if she had a Labrador with her.It did make me smile.
    I got to admit a tri suit is not the most flattering garment ever invented, but at least it the same for everybody. Unless you are young or not a normal person. Everybody is going to have lumps and bumps in a tri suit they don't want I have lost a stone and half and still have a small belly which no matter how much training I do I can't get ride off

. But at least you will know from day one what a person figure is like not if you go out on the town
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    There was a slightly odd letter in the last 220 from someone wanting to meet people.

There's a married couple in our tri club.

I guess the old WAT/HAT issue no longer arises if your better half is also a triathlete and you will get fewer complaints about the amount of training/washing/smelling sweaty etc.
    Got to admit thta would be the ideal relationship with another tri person, the only down side would be the amount of washing and how would clean the house as neither of you being there as you are out training.

The other plus part as having a tri couple you will always have a training partner even if you are different speeds, it could be a easy section for one of you .

The real down side would be the amount of money you will spend on kit and entry fees
  • As someone who is one half of a BAT (both added tax) I can confirm the washing is out of control most of the time (2 sets of sports clothes per day for 2 people...), trying to decide who is going to go to the supermarket as opposed to doing a sunday afternoon swim, and I only get a training partner for my Sat cycle (he prefers to train alone), and yes, things like entry fees and bike boxes when you need two of everything are astronomical! But he does do my bike maintenance and listen to me talking about training, so can't complain!
    yes it good to talk to somebody who understands what you are on about
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Maybe they should start bodymarking a little star or a tick for a single triathlete? hehehe i suppose it would depend a lot on honesty, but there'd be no easy way to get rid of a permanently marked leg for when you got home to the other half....maybe a wellscrubbed red patch?

Good point made earlier too, if you fancy someone red and sweaty and in a tri suit, imagine how they'd look on a night on the town! whoopwhoopwhoop
    pacman2102 wrote:

Got to admit their something about a male or female in lyrca (what ever takes your fancy)that is sexy . Meeting a nice/fit female at a event always makes it far more enjoyable and memorable.

I have some friends who meet each other at the tri club and know live togeather does that count

It would be far easier meeting a follow tri person would make life easier as we spend so much time training and I think a person also involved would understand the commitment it take in time and travelling.

here alwTays seem to be more guys at events so must make it like a child in a candy shop for you females, you just need to find the single one. For us guys it's a lot more difficult as there is less female and again you don't know weather they are single or not

But it would be nice to meet a female at a event who one could have some relationship with

got to admit most of the events I have been to have been 95% men to woman. So it's a lot easier for you girls than us blokes
    oh dear what happened then....

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Sounds like we might have a traffic light triathlon if conehead reads this! (suit colours)

Green for single

amber for maybe

red for in a loving relationship!

This could be in waves.

Mental note to self RED tri suit is quicker so people in relationships will win. At last I might do well in a sporting evnt!!!
    Yep, cant complain about that. [:D]
    Anyone know of any green bikes/trisuits? [&:]
    We have a guy in our club how rides a pink bike, I can guess what that means.

Mines black, must mean I am bad good job it's got some green bit's on ot.

I do like the idea of coloured suit so you can tell things about people.

What colour do you have for looking
    I must say, i think a spot of marker pen would be way cheaper....
    yes cheaper but could come off and could be confusing.

The good thing if it's a sunday event and load of people stop like the club relays
    lol confusing how??
    when the marker comes off or other people get hold of marker pens. Maybe coloured swim hat would be easier and cheaper.

That an idea why doesn't somebody set up an event for single tri people , I wonder what they can call it ??

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I have a special signaling device - which indicates my complete commitment to abstinence of all pleasures of the flesh, and preparedness to give away half of what I earn and own, and agreement to always admit to _it_ being all my fault, even when _it_ isn't. It's a little band of gold that I wear on the finger next to my little one on the left hand. If you look you can see a few people with them.
    A singles tri event! isnt that a bit excluding? I will promise to wear my red tri suit, please let me play!!!

Maybe to cut costs we could go for coloured number sheets to pin on or stick on your number belt.

This is really coming on now! You wait till conehead reads this!!!!! LOL
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    For the name of a singles only race how about single, looking and tri-ing...

I need Conehead's contacts to sort this out!

How about 'tri-and-pull' ?
    How about tri and pull a trier!
  • AndreAndre Posts: 103
    How about Swim, Bike, Run... on second thoughts, perhaps not!