Home Chat General Chat

weight loss and cloths not fitting

Hi everybody

not sure if anybody as had a similar experiance to me recently. I put on a suit today that I haven't worn for a few month and it fell off me without a belt and the jacket looks massive. I have had a hard winter training and the company I work for have moved to casual clothing for work except for board meetings. I hadn't realized how much weight I had lost and how much my body as changed.

Proves that us tri are one of the best ways for people to keep fit and loss weight

I can take the trousers off without undoing them.

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    pacman2102 wrote:

I can take the trousers off without undoing them.

Could be useful on occasion [;)]

I'm finding this a bit. Not so much as some.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    My girlfriend and Mum both tell me I am too skinny. To which i reply 'i will happily put on 1/2 stone of muscle in the gym. If you carry it up the hills for me...'

Slim is good - as long as you dont get silly.
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    I have lost a stone and half over the winter still a fat bloke at 13 stone but I am 6 foot. Trying to get light but with reactive muscle. But 4 hour on the bike every sunday and another 4 to 6 hours training a week over the winter as helped. Also losing my gaul blader may have helped as well
  • RhinoRhino Posts: 13
    I've noticed it. I've dropped almost 11kg since new year. Had to a buy a new belt for my work trousers and workshirts are really baggy.

I Should make an effort to buy some new ones as i'm starting to look like the final scene from the film 'Big' where Tom Hanks is walking back down the street turning into a kid with clothes hanging off him!

• j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Pacman that is dedication, having surgery to remove excess weight!! Personally, I'd have gone for a carbon frame on the bike! [;)]
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    definitely an issue every pair of trousers I presently posses has to be hauled in with a belt otherwise descend at speed and there is nothing worse than a horse laughing at you with you trousers round your knees whilst applying muscle stretches to a hind leg - causes the owners some amusemnt too
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I've had to punch new holes in the belt.

The missus said I had to have a pair of Jeans from Primark for £9.99 as I keep shrinking out of the old ones. She has purchased some, and currently they are a tight fit!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Am a bit of a horder so the cost aint too bad but the look is - I had to go into the loft and dig out my old clothes from 15 plus years ago ... bit dated lol but will do for now until I stabilise my weight - the running/cycling and swimming clothes have to be repurchased at intervals though due to me never owning them in the past ... costly exercise ;)

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    As I've said on other threads:

1) You loose weight and need new clothes on the way down

2) As your training kicks in, you then start to grow in places - stomach smaller, while thighs and chest/back get bigger. Then you need new clothes again.

3) All the while you need loads of technical clothing.

I've gone from a 36 (actually a couple of 38) inch trousers to a 32" - and recently a 30" fits.

I went through a phase of being able to fit an off the peg suit - but now the trousers are too short/jacket too tight, or the waist is too big while the length/jacket is fine.

I've needed new belts - to try to hold up the increasingly non-fitting trousers.

The picture was from the end of last year - before a massive trip to the charity shops.

[image]local://2493/FFF49CBAD9AB4C9FA1E350CBC0CCC689.jpg[/image]
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    So I lost wieght which was great and bought new jeans and t-shirts and training kit but now.................. I have changed my body shape so much that I am finding now that my tighs dont tend to fit in my jeans I am going to have to change from boot cut to loose fit. So is it fashion aside for TRI or TRIAN less for fashion? (and cost) my legs do look better. I do only have a 30 inch waist which was 34 when I started.
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    Blimey, I thought I had lost a lot of weight 1 1/2 stone but compared to you that nothing.

I have gone down at least one cloth size if not two , the only thing that hasn't changed is my chest size (well one 1 inch) really not in proportion

a 41 inch chest and a 32 inch waist , still slightly over 13 stone but hoping to get below that for the season, I used to play rugby and wasn't fat . But must have been carriying a lot of excess muscle compared to the lean stuff I have know
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    This time last year I was size 38 waist, 44 chest 105kg. I lost a lot of weight, and dropped to 34 waist 41inch chest 94kg. This is my first triathlon season. Since starting training in FEB, Ive dropped from 94 to 89kg. Have to get my clothes (especially my suits) taking in Again!.

Its not a bad complaint.. but Id rather be saving for a tri bike than buying clothes..

Suit trousers with elastic waistbands would be ideal [:D]