Home Chat General Chat

What to wear under running tights?

JulesJules Posts: 987
Simple question. Just bought some proper running tights. I really like them but am not happy with going commando. Currently I'm wearing thin-ish boxers underneath bu this isn't ideal. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    In my compression tights I like to hang loose, so it's commando all the way. In my baggier, beat-up ron hill tracksters I just wear boxers - black, but not naked carbon (sorry Conehead)
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I prefer commando, although wear shorts over the top to hide the fact that I'm not as well "toned" as I could be.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    pends on how cold it is...if it is really cold i will wear a pair of 'sport briefs' which are just pants really, but the material is a little lighter. If it is above freezing I'm likely to go comando. But really it's time to be switching back to shorts now, it's getting nice a warm.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Simple answer is whatever you find the comfiest!!

I prefer to wear proper running/sports pants as these hold your garbage together and stop it from chafing like a b*****d. Anything more than 8mile and I'll put some vaseline on to lessen the chance of a chafed chappy.

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    am not brave enough to run in "proper" running tights - I have the ronhill classics though, also have the bikesters for the bike. Anyway I alternate between lyrca running shorts and tri shorts - just to make sure am not swinging about too much ;). Tonight though I tested my Tri suit under my Ronhills and running T - worked a treat.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Support and Hygiene!

I have nice skimpy support pants for running.

If you are worried about VPL then I also have some seamless Helly Hansen boxers, which are pretty good - except for the build quality - loose threads etc. Put fit is good, they feel good and give good support.

Now, a pair of pants < £10. Pair of decent running tights > £50.

Each garment is good for the same number of washes.

In order to preserve the life of the tights, I will wear underwear so they don't have to be washed so much.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Decathlon Kalenji pants, wicking, seamless & comfortable, occasionally they do direct all appendages down one leg tho.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Its good old briefs for me. (of course I only wear them for sport normally its comando)
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Would have to go with the breathability of leather myself, that is relative breathability, all the guys at the dungeon say so too.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I'll be honest, lads. I am really REALLY enjoying this thread. So much description! lol
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I'm starting to think Conehead protesteth too much on this subject. He takes every opportunity to take a thread in a kinky direction. Perhaps it's not all in jest [;)]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    What to wear underneath?

Why, Chanel No. 5, daahhling.

Oh. Wrong forum. Sorry.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Can you fit anything under running tights? I don't know about anyone else, but you can tell i aint jewish when i wear mine!