Home Chat General Chat

bike sales-any bargains out there?

hi mr and mrs tri,

i would love a nice light racing bike for next season's tri season. but i have to wait for the sales of 06 or 05 bikes. When is the best time to jump on a bargain, what time of the year does this happen? If at all? I am prepared to spend up to £550. Any ideas please?

Thanks for your time.[;)]

Comments

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    There's a few bargains to be had already. Allterraincycles TFN Nottingham Evans Wiggle bonthronebikes all have some really good deals and some of them with 0% finance deals as well..

Enjoy shopping... spend as much as you can afford and then spend 10% extra... it'll be worth it!
    Was browsing through Ebay road bikes last night and some good deals there as well... only use Ebay if you know what you are looking for or know someone else that does!
  • hi jazdog

Thanks for your help. i like the 10% stretch! Is there any make in particular you or some other tri guy would recommend in the 500-600 quid range....focus - bianchi - specialized - trek?

keep up the good work

stephen[:D]
    Depends on what frame size you need.... some like the Bianchi and Giants do 57cm 59cm frames others do 58cm 60cm frames (and obviously smaller sizes.) The key is to get the frame that fits you.. I made the mistake of getting one that was too big and lose power as well as risking longer term injury. To find the size of frame you need go to

http://www.bikefitting.com/English/Frame.aspx

click on frame size and input the details. Note its not your trouser inside leg measurement - theres instructions on how to take the right measurement.

Once you know your frame size you can then start thinking about makes and models.

Jaz
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144

Saw a nice lookinf CUBE on JE James cycles the other day and I think it was only £450. If only I had the cash and not another bike.

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Hi Stephen,

Might be stating the obvious by does your work do "cycle to work scheme" (or can you get them to do it [:D]!!) Did mine through cyclesurgery and saved loads...

If you can stretch to £650 I would recommend the Trek 1.5 - only done a few hundred miles on it but I love it!

Happy hunting.

Will.