Home Chat General Chat

Whats with the no nudity rule?

something to do with scaring small children?

I think as it is a public car park we seem to do the trtansitions in we might get arrested!

Comments

• ...the no nudity rule, with it, what is?

I dont understand why we cant get changed.

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Blinkybaz is correct,nudity in a public place,lewd indecency,call it what you like.It used to be allowed back in the good old days,but times they are a changing.You can get away with it on the continent,they seem to be more leniant,one of my many race dvds has a few seconds devoted to showing a naked athlete in the transition area(somebody from the labour party rang to try and borrow the copy today).
  • hahaha nice!

I hate that. Its the 21st century and people are still living in fear of genetalia.

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    But not in caves ( well in somerset we dont) But those rudi nudi's scare the beeejesus out of us!
    Genetalia,wasn't she an Italian horror actress from the 1930's.

The only people nudity in the transition area is going to bother is the spectators as the athletes cannot see anything due to the sweat dripping in their eyes.As the ''romance'' thread says lycra doesn't really hide anything and often leaves nothing to the imagination.
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    we british are such a uptight nation on stuff like the naked body
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    I'm assuming that us girls must have T's and A covered but what about the chaps when they come out of the pool can they enter transtion in just swimmers and then put on top or is that banned to? Nothing surprises me anymore after a woman at the pool complained that I didn't change in the ladies changing room under a towel - I am a girl though not a lady - too little time to get in pool and after to faff about with a b****y towel
  • When I was at boxing/mma we used to have a communal everything (our coach was russian...maybe he was bringing in communism one thing at a time), so showers, changing rooms etc. Obviously different area for girls. but god. It isnt like my genitals are going to get out of control and go and a rampage and start attacking people.

I loved germany, swimming about in a river in munich in the buff and noone batting an eyelid. Lots of people doing it, nothing sexual about it, it was really hot and it was a beautiful park!

I am sure someone from Health and Efficiancy could give a lecture on the etiquette regarding nudity.But we are such a reserved bunch of people as Comanighttrain says its normal in other european countries so noone cares,but because we (naturally assuming the majority of thread readers are from the UK) are British and not EUROPEAN it is considered immoral to expose flesh in public because someone,somewhere in the darkest reaches of the country might take offence.In one of the early editions of 220,so we are going back to the late 80's,they published a letter from a none triathlete.It was from a woman who from a car observed ''Scantily clad men and women riding bikes and running on a public highway in what could only be seen as nothing more than underwear''.The letter was passed on to the organisers and probably filed in the cabinet marked rubbish.Even none nudity seems to offend some.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I just got a great visual of comanighttrain's genitalia going on a rampage. Brilliant! [:)] like his body was just being dragged along behind. Anyone seen the film Eastern Promises? lol
  • rmbrmb Posts: 22
    its political correctness gone mad.to qwote stewart lee
  • benjobenjo Posts: 14
    I know someone at Chester Tri got DQ'd last year for nudity.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    It to prevent everyone else getting envious & stopping & staring ruins your T1 time.

But seriously folks, there really is no need with hi tech fabrics that dry quickly, plus changing from a pool to bike stuff is gonna take forever as your tighty whiteys get caught on wet skin, rolls up on itself etc etc.

I like a bit of flesh but its a race fergoodnessake.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    so do you fellas have to have a top on before you get into T1 from the swim - pool event now- or do you have to have it on before venturing out into the car park into T1 - just thinking of ways of getting other half DQd in our first tri as he has a bet on regarding beating me by miles[:D]
    I believe that if an over zealous referee was to see someone coming in from the bike or run without a top on or even unzipped below nipple level then they can DQ you. I may be wrong, worth a rule check.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    personally for me the no nudity rule isnt a bad thing, after swimming in a cold river cycling in tight wet shorts then running usually leaves me hunting worryingly for what im sure i had when i set off!!!!!

Oh there it is....phew
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I think the rule is that clothing has to extend over the shoulders, i.e. vest tops minimum.

This makes it even for both sexes, as girlies have to keep their chesticles covered for UK decency law reasons when hooning about the roads so this forces the blokes to comply as well. *Interesting UK law note: partial nudity is OK so long as nobody who sees you is offended.*

The fact that we all need to keep our floppies, flappies, nuts and lips covered up in public has got nothing to do with Triathlon.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    i'm sorry, i dont get it. why would you want to get nude in transition anyway?
    I think the whole nudity thing is a joke, as you want to be out of transtion as quickly as posiable, you wouldn't be looking around if you saw somebody male or female getting changed. Think about whne people goon holiday aboard , they see everything anyway.

As for specators, they isn't that many at most races and they shouldn't be around transtion changing any way they should be where peopl get onto or of their bike or the start and finsih line.
  • hahaha nice! I got the kryton from red dwarf picture, where it drops off and starts running around.

Im pro nudity. And we are european - we are in europe? and anyone who doesnt want to be associated with the continental ...talent... is silly.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Not sure where you go on holiday, but of all beaches I've been to in europe and further afield, I've yet to see a fella's tackle or a ladies fufu.

The no-nudity rule isn't such a bad thing is it? Really? And yes you want to be out of transition quickly, but it's a level playing field so you won't lose any time. And surely if you've got what you're wearing underneath the wetsuit i.e. a trisuit, it's saving you time anyway?

I think it's a good thing. Last thing I want when I'm bending down to put my shoes on in someones arse in my face... or worse!
    i like have the pound but pro europe and would like to have the chance to compete in mainland europe.

I don't thinkfor most of us a nudity would make any difference as all we are bothered about is reducing our times rather than looking at some male or female without any cloths on
    As i only do sprints and olympic distance , i always wear a tri suit under my wet suit . I think the main thing about nudity is beginner and iron man wear changing could be more of a issue.

As for seeing other people part, you haven't been on a french or greek beach recently, but then I do keep away from the main tourist beach's as hate the crowds and also want to train ie swim and run on the beach
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    if youre doing an ironman they have changing areas. seperate for males and females so nudity isnt an issue there
    Thanks for that as never doing one I wouldn't have known that .
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    At the sprints I did last year it was 100 - 200m from pool to T1. I'd say 2/3rds of the men were not swimming in a tri-suit and had bare top halfs between the pool and T1. No-one was DQ'd.

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    At the sprints I did last year it was 100 - 200m from pool to T1. I'd say 2/3rds of the men were not swimming in a tri-suit and had bare top halfs between the pool and T1. No-one was DQ'd.

I thought you could never run/bike topless, maybe only during Transitions.

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    ironkav wrote:

I thought you could never run/bike topless, maybe only during Transitions.

Yeah that was my understanding of it. Blokes swimming in shorts only put tshirts on for the bike, no-one biked or ran topless.
    Britspin wrote:

I believe that if an over zealous referee was to see someone coming in from the bike or run without a top on or even unzipped below nipple level then they can DQ you. I may be wrong, worth a rule check.

I could be wrong on this one,but I think it was one of the Brownlee's (alistair or Jonathon) who got penalised for failing to wear a top crossing the finish line at one of the European races when he was just starting out.It was a very hot day and he had pulled the top of his tri suit down.