Home Chat General Chat

Porridge Ð How do you cook yours? Give me ideas....

2»

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I'm starting to understand how 220 Magazine must just think "Oh feck it. Give 'em what we printed last year. They're too stupid to notice."

I present to you the porridge thread, from almost exactly one year ago, found by using the 'search' button and typing in.... you guessed it... 'porridge'.

Enjoy: http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=13761

• Best is Jordans Organic Oats, 1 cracked egg, milk, water and a spoonfull of peanut butter...mix this up then heat and add honey and if you fancy it maybe some pumpkin seeds.

Its the best
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    So is not reading them all again, spooling to page 2 look at the latest post, speed read & move on, the same as going into Smiths, flicking thru, fiding nothing new & putting it back on the shelf?
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Exactly. To continue your analogy: re-reading each thread completely including the latest post is a bit like getting a subscription.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Hey,

I add a table spoon of cinnamin powder to mine, and then a squirt of honey when its cooked.

Delicious.

YOu could eat granola also, with low fat yoghurt.. or a soya based yoghurt.

• jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    Yeah, cinnamon is definately the way forward, with some dried apple pieces and sultana's.

Another favourite of mine is with Maple syrup, sultana'a and dried cranberry's.

Or... golden syrup with sultana's, pine nuts

You have to use old fashioned rolled oats though, the ones you make flap jacks with, Mmmm flap jacks . . .

I'm feeling hungry again
  • 1 part oats, 3 parts water, 1 banana.
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    My mate has peanut butter and strawberry jam with his ??!! not sure about that one, I bet the Americans love it.