Home Chat General Chat

2 Olympics in 7 days. Mad?

BIG thanks to Big Cow first off.

Too ill to compete in this weekends National Duathlon, and too late to get a refund, they've allowed me to move my entry fee towards the MK Olympic Tri on 26-Jul-2009.

Only difficulty is that it's 1 week before the London Triathlon.

2 Olympics in 1 week? Too much?

I'm guessing if I taper properly and take care recovering between them I should be okay.

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    You'll be fine. Actually most races (excluding Long distance) that I've trained through ie. not tapered for, I've raced faster at.

I generaly have at least 3 races a year which I'll train right through (doing hard sessions until day before) and bizarely I usually go fairly quick at these.

Doing 2 oly races within 7 days of each other will be fine.

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    same for me. i train/race through a lo of events through the year. i'm doing mk oly a week before ironman. obviously i'm not aiming for a PB , just gonna plod around. did the same last year and all was fine. in fact last year i did the dambuster (oly) on a saturday and then harwich oly on the sunday. pb'd both.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Cheers[;)]
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I did 2 in 8 days last year (with a transatlantic flight & jet lag thrown in for good measure) & did just fine in the second one.

Had the trots for a a few days afterwards though!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Same thing here, having my A race olympic distance Belgian championship race 8 days prior to my first ever half IM distance race![X(]

Will go for it though, what doesn't kill us,....