Home Chat General Chat

Race Tyres

Does anyone know what race tyres are good. Im want something fast and with a high puncture resistance?

I do have a budget of 50-60 Euro though which might stop me getting a good set.

IK

Comments

• lappieszalappiesza Posts: 36
    I can suggest Schwalbe Ultremo. Awesome race wheels. Sticks like glue on wet roads!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Continental GP 4000 Triathlon
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Michelin Pro3Race

As with most things bike, its personal preference really
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    I would give Schwalbe Ultremos another vote. A very fast and lightweight tyre with reasonable puncture protection.

I would say if puncture protection is your main objective, then Continental Ultra Gatorskins are probably THE best tyre out there (IMO), they are fairly light, have excellent grip and are as tough as f**k!! I commute, train and totally abuse mine on the turbo and they last for ages!!

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I second the puncture protection of the Gator skins, forced through two patches of broken glass at the weekend and the tyres held out perfectly.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Thanks a lot lads. Might go with the gator skins. Does the extra toughness reduce speed in any way?
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Continentals for punture resistance and minimum compromise on weight.

Vittoria evo for speed

• jacjac Posts: 452
    I've got Gator skins too and so far very good. There are some shocking roads around here and after 500-odd miles they're still looking in good shape.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Michelin pro race 3's,but shop around and you could get a cheap pair of pro race 2's within yourprice range.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Conehead wrote:
    ORIGINAL: MG

I would give Schwalbe Ultremos another vote. A very fast and lightweight tyre with reasonable puncture protection.

I'll give them a vote as well - 2 ironman bike legs, 5 or so 1/2 IM bikes and no punctures.

I love the casual way you're not quite sure how many half IMs you've done! [:D]
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

I'm racing on Vittoria Rubino Pro - I think you'll get about as many different recommendations as people who respond to this thread!
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    I'm racing on Vittoria Rubino Pro - I think you'll get about as many different recommendations as people who respond to this thread!

yeah i get that feeling thanks