Home Chat General Chat

want to share the pain?

most of us who race on tri's are going to get caught on camera. Let's face it not even the pros look good in tri-suits, so vanity aside how about we share those shots?

By putting the thread on here anybody can take part or not & I'll put my money where my mouth is (you may even see some weight loss!!)

So my surname is Mullen & there's plenty of painful pics of me at the following.

Ironman 70.3 (asiphoto.net)

Windsor 2005

Concorde 2005 & 2004

Blenheim 2005

(all at sportcam.net)

Please don't laugh (too much!)

Comments

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    You see the avi pic? There ya go. Carefully selected as whatever lens the camera man used gave me a set of shoulder muscles.

Unfortunately I had to crop it carefully as the same enlarging effect the camera had had on my shoulders seemed to have happened to my stomach.... [8D]
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    I always crop my bike pics, the wide angle ones show everyone queueing up to overtake me!
  • Here we go - first Tri!! Bib number 688

http://www1.sportcam.net/site3/public/search.php?event=681
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    From my stratford cherry pop...http://www1.sportcam.net/site3/public/results.php?event=610&search=1&bib_number=598

Not 2 bad shame the pics make me look bald (ah problem there I am)

Top stuff.

For crystal palace tri.

http://www.grahamrussell.info/cgi-bin/search-by-race-no.cgi then race number 220.

Coincidence? I think not.

Big fan of the running styles from AB & loony, very business like. (I've gone with the Crystal Palace photos as I've managed to get rid of the majority of the camp running style I developed in photos from the sussex tri...

Come on folks... stand and be counted, I want to know whose passing me in London [8D]

(Yet another late night test effort scuppers training [8|])
    All looking very honed & athletic guys, although B I reckon you could have attacked a few of those hurdles at Crystal Palace!
    I thought of it, for all of about a nano second and realised the way that I was cramping up I was getting luky to simply pick my legs up and move them let alone get them to jump anything!
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Cheers B...first time anyone has passed comment on my running style..the camera never lies (I hope)...

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    more grimmacing !!!!!!!! not as much as cheshire but hey... (plus if you can look you can see me new broomstick)

http://www1.sportcam.net/site3/public/results.php?event=683&search=1&bib_number=445&&screen=large

mad as ...
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    Nice wheels Mad. There's something about red bikes that just feel good.

Hopefully can add some photo's after the weekend. I too will be displaying my best grimace.

Wella
    nope you right again wella .... prostitue red is the way forward and it matches my new lippy

mad
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    These were from Edinburgh Sprint in May.... not sure if the link will work or not.

Try this one - pics 5116 & 5290

http://www.imacimages.co.uk/Gallery/2006/stu/edin/men_tri/bike2/index.html
    wow jazz thats some gurrning going on there ........ was a bit of a big hill thing yeh ??
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    You didn't go with the waxing then, mad????
    oooh you noticed ... thought you would be more tactful than that pat (bitch) lol .. am trying to summon the nerve - have 5 weeks til my next race so maybe ... that or maybe a thicker derneir tight should hide it
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Jaz - now that's a lesson in grimacing. hope you enjoyed it!

David
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Mad - we could see the swirling currents of air trapped amongst the hairs and slowing you down. What you really need is an all over body skinsuit, they are all the rage in cycling circles. Another trip to the shops!![;)]

David
    Think we could do with some photos of the waxing session, mad, just to check you're doing it correctly ....

On the other hand, one of those aerodynamic, tiger print skin suits could be an interesting alternative!!! Or maybe cerise?

Or if you want a laugh, check out

http://www.asiphoto.net/search.html?&L=0&asievent=0136&bib=1064

at least they didn't get any of me walking!!

the dilema is that for the £60 for a full body torture session I can get a new pair of off road shoes .... or pay towrds new pedals or get reallllly really drunk .. twice
    No problem - just come on over to the East Midlands and I can get a couple of girlfriends together and we can sort out your hair problem for free....

You could raise loads of money for the NSPCC from the video too ....
    ow ow ow .....
  • rebborebbo Posts: 58
    Since I have looked at everyone else's; these are from my second tri in first season (hooked already!) - Cheshire, a few weeks back. Including exciting sprint finish...

http://www2.sportcam.net/site3/public/browse.php?event=665&competitor=a626c473-e441-4d27-9971-8b02b6ce365f
    hi rebbo - how did you find cheshire tri then ??? it was good til the run then felt a bit like a school sport day round and around the field
    Hey Mad, I reckon you could probably go 5mins faster if you shed the lump of iron on your wrist!!! Huge watch to be racing with [8D]

As to waxing I went the cheap way and bought strips then let the GF have a crack at it all. Considering buying an epilator thing as in the long run its the cheapest way to go.
    What can I say? Completely jealous of Pat having 70.3 photos whilst on the Tri bars, damm photographer didn't get me doing that & I used them - honest!

Jaz - I'm in awe, tackling a hill like that in toe-clips not cleats, you must be super human!!
  • rebborebbo Posts: 58
    weeeel - in my vast experience, the swim wasn't as good as Stratford, since people weren't told to swim clockwise, so became a bit of a free-for-all. And having two transition areas didn't help my pre-race nerves. Worst point was indeed doing laps of the playing field tho' - but on the plus side it was a nice day!
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    [:)] The second pic was the second lap so that last hill although short was steepish and I tried to attack it... fairly gave some girl runners a fright with the grunting! [:)][:)]

Saving some cash for a new bike before I get clipless jobs and shoes...

Although I still have trouble getting my feet out of the clips so no doubt I'll come a cropper when I get the clipless pedals![:D][:D]
    If you've got the big harness type things then you may find it easier with clipless. I always found the harness things a pain to use, that said I never had an accident with them either (still remembers his first day on a MTB with clipless pedals, the ability to bunny hop, the inability to balance and falling over....)
    Jaz,

I solemly promise you, you will fall off your bike with cleats. We have all done it, it's always at 2mph in front of motorists! It's just the way of the world :-)

(but the hills are soo much easier)

Jaz not only will it happen - it will occasioanlly continue to happen ... have done several times - last time managed to do whilst still down on my aero bars 200 yards from my house (best not to ask) & yes i was on my new bike (only my body made contact with the road tho ... nothing hurts like a scratched bike ... flesh wounds will heal)

mad