Home Chat General Chat

punctures..

jacjac Posts: 452
Anybody ever used Vittoria pitstop to repair punctures?

Just looking to have something in the saddle bag as a quick fix!

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    no expereince but also wonderd what people think of CO2 cannisters?
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I love my Co2, it is quick and easy and i am (deep down) a very lazy man! Besides the more time wasted at the side of the road the less time i'm on the road!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    CO2 is the way forward people!! I usualy carry a few spare cannisters as Im haunted by the bloke with a flat tyre at Windsor '08 crying and shouting "anyone got any CO2.............PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!".

At LD races I carry a tiny crank brothers pump aswell.

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    What? do i need to buy more kit?! where does it end?! [:(]
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Co2 and tyre levers.

Dont foget to practice !!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    So anyone used the Vittoria stuff then?

I have a can of the seal n flate but have never used it the Vittoria looks smaller and neater?

I couldn't change a flat to save my life.

G
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    no but i bet it affect your performance.

If the pro's dont use it then there must be a reason
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Innovations do a nice micro pump with co2 cannister attachment to get those extra few ponds into the tyre.I personnaly blame Mr Dunlop for inventing the puncture.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Bumping the thread.

What are the dimensions of a can of Pitstop? I'm trying to work out if one will fit in my saddlebag.
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    I was looking at the pitstop stuff, it looks like a good product, even if it just gets you through to the end of the race, the time saved having to change a puncture is huge.

However, would you have to cut your tyre off afterwards? If the inner tube is full of hard sealant, that isn't going to be easy to get off, don't fancy having to cut expensive tyres.
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    THE PIT STOP STUFF doesnt work if you have valve extenders - the one time I had the chance to try the can I had out was when my deep section carbons were on and it didn't seal aroudn the valve well enough to 'push' though the valve...

Its diffcult to trust this product isn't it! No one has any experience of it.. I gues perhaps conduct a controlled experiement to test the stuff?
  • hazohazo Posts: 18
    I've used Geax Pitstop on a mountain bike - didn't work.

Stuck at work with a puncture. New puncture repair kit had no chuffing glue in it[:@].

So felt slightly smug that I had a back-up plan. Did what it said on the tin but it only managed to partially sealed a small hole (~1mm). Still had to pump tyre up 4 times on the way home (7 miles) with a tiddly emergency pump.

So now I always carry a spare tube - levers - CO2 cannister (Moonshine - CO2 is the business! Quick so easy!)

I always check new repair kit has both glue and patches in it!

But since using 'Slime' in my tubes I haven't had one flat - lots of punctures but all have self sealed.

• philephile Posts: 8
    I've used Tufo 'liquid tire sealant' in tub punctures. It's a white liquid latex goo and seems to work well. Prob not in clinchers though.