Home Chat General Chat

The Official (drinking) Wall of Shame

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    am supping low calorie bacardi and diet coke.........[8D]
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Hardly touch a drop any more BUT had a peroni and a glass of red on Friday night. Saturday was a planned rest day - and reminded me how sluggish you feel the next day after just one or two drinks1
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    still sober
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I'm gonna join this thread. Because, due to pain killers, I am off the drink. So I can honestly say I am 100% sober (although i did have a sip of lager the other day - not much mind, just enough so that i could carry it to my girlfriend from the bar without spilling it...).

Going to a gig this weekend, so pain killers or no pain killers, I shal be partaking in a few beverages of the alcoholic variety. Followed by a 3 hour cycle the next day. Could be interesting.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Well, it all started when I had a coffee with my mate who was working from home today. It is sunny here and I may have posited the thesis that this would lead to a beer at a later hour.

It did, and another. And even as I put away the lawnmower and the strimmer, and laid to rest the other implements of gardening and such like I extended my hand unto the fridge and we partook of many more.

Ah nuts. Now I am drunk, and I am answering newbie questions with a newfound aggression for telling 'em to actually THINK or or perhaps even SEARCH.

I mean, ffs, "Do I take my pants off in the car park?" or "Can I get to Hawaii on 30mins training per week?" or "I'm not telling you my budget or ability, but which bike/wetsuit/g-string is best?"

Where's my f**king glass?
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Stop whining you big girl and get the beers in................
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Get lost you tight git. It's your round.
  • Bloody knackered now! need to recover from a weekend away in Brighton........

ooooh my weary head!!! [:'(]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Where's my f**king glass?

oooh......that's not healthy!! Have you considered anger management or even boxing?
    still sober
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Sat here reading this thread whilst drinking a nicely chilled glass or white....

Rest day tomorrow (from training if not from work!) and can't drink tomorrow night as doing 10k race (or rather shuffle) on Sunday so.....cheers!
  • i cant believe that im the smug prick on the internet posting this,because im i love the drink,but.................... still off it since 1st of jan. im even off the shite food.

just another 2 months to go.
    Wimbleball 70.3?
  • im austria.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Love the idea of a 10k shuffle.

Sounds like it could be kinda funky....

PS no booze for two weeks now, since flashing the pups in the middle of Newquay. It was both a low point and a turning point for me! 31st birthday in a couple of weeks. still not intending to drink EVER!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Its finally my 30th today so was treated to a night in brighton last night so two bottles of wine and some cocktails although i did do a little swim while the misses was in the sauna...

And now a surprise bbq/party later today so lots and lots of beer to come!!!!!!!!! (which my idiot friends have given away)
  • pippip Posts: 170
    Afew glasses red tonight for me and a good bike ride in the morning CHEERS
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    one beer last night, a couple of beers tonight! my excuse is my knees knackered so i can only swim and drink...both the pool and a pint!
    Re: 10k shuffle.... Probably will be if they let me take my iPod with me! Trouble is I can't sing and run so I wonder which will give.....

Have marker pen ready for my smiley, trouble is I can't find a red one so reckon I'll lose a bit of speed there..
  • No alcohol for a week!!!!! That is a record for me. Only problem is, its cos I have been working. Last shift finishes today at 7am. This evening, I will be back on this forum posting my evil deeds................
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Ouch my bloody head!!!!!!!!!

97 beers, a magners and half a bottle of vodka in dinking games......

Im never drinking again
    Or, in fact, 'dinking' either....
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    Thanks to Robbie Keane last Wednesday I had about 7 pints.

About a bottle and a half of wine since.
    Do you still get a hangover from 'dinking'? Might try it anyway cos this flippin white wine is going straight to my head so swim session with a hangover tomorrow methinks....
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Well, I've just discovered that Lent is actually 46 days long - because SUNDAYS DON'T COUNT!

I've had a pint of beer, and am now on a glass of rather nice Rioja. And there is a chicken roasting in the oven.

I have had an hours swim, plus the longest ride of the year so far. And a game of tennis. The weather is fantastic, and I deserve it!

Will be back on the straight and narrow (today is also the 40th day of my "fast", so I think I've done pretty well).
    Still havent had a dink all weekend....
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am holding my habds up and need to tell you all about last nights binge. I can only say that I feel I have let myself down!

1 bottle of french beer (one of those small ones you get in the supermarket)

Its a confression I have been needing to make all day!!!!LOL/
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    There was an article in the 220 mag recently "train low, race high" referring to glycogen stores.

I tend to do a lot of training hungover (Sunday long run for example). By the same logic surely staying dry for a few days before a race gives the body a nice surprise. Train hungover, race fresh?
    Still sober, not bad for an alcoholic!