Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    None yet.. 1 hour swim + 45 min weight training scheduled tonight.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Circuits last night - took it quite easy, then a 10 min run on the treadmill at 15.5, 16.5, 17.5, 18.5 pace for each two and a half minutes.

Also worked out what was wrong when I went to the gym with my wife while I was off the other week... Their running machines are set in miles, not kilometres - thought I was just struggling with a cold!! [8|]
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    A bright a chlorine filled swim this morning - 3.8km straight off in 1:10mins. Anyone else get sore lips from being in the water too long?!?!

Then had a 45 min spin on the indoor trainer at a steady 144 HR, just below threshold.

Lovely stuff.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    45 minutes swim tonight - included and untimed 400 (possibly 350 or 450 I lost count) - and a few 200's
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Great interval session tonight on the turbo trainer.

10 minutes structured warm up including 5 mins of fartlek then 2 pyramids ;

3min at 40kMh, 2min at 43kMh, 1min at max, 2mins at 43kMh, 3mins at 40kMh

3mins recovery

Then repeat the pyramid.

I do it asa continuum (including the warm up & 3mins recovery) ie no stopping.

Tonight I hit the numbes - all the target speeds were reached and held for the duration. Ave speed 38.6kMh, Dist 25.73 kM, Time 40.04min/sec

• jacjac Posts: 452
    Good 24k hilly bike yesterday. Average speed is up about 1mph on last month.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    excellent 3k swim this morning with the local tri club. 400M PB - 7min 8sec
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    5k run this morning 21:10

An hour swim session this afternoon

and one hour circuits this evening.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Got a 25 mile 2up tomorrow so went out to fire the race bike up, in to the wind on the way out managed to keep the pace about 35kph, averaged 48kph on the way back though! 42k in 1:10 I love this bike! Borrowing a set of easton ea90 carbons tomorrow, at 1000 odd I really hope I don't break them!
    just did 21k bike 4k run BRICK
    35 mile bike this morning - excellent route with a few hills thrown in - felt good

1h 20m on turbo. Going to Nice on Monday for 10 days. plenty of riding up Col de Vence and may even attempt Col De La Madone too - a favourite of Lance's.
    Friday : 21kM in 98.14 reasonable effort on a cold wet night - need new shoes

Saturday : Recovery day - light cycling & massage

Sunday (today) another solo century ride (well 151kM).

Great cycle in the mountains taking in two tough climbs. I had a 23 on the rear the first climb I used all 23 teeth but on the 2nd I got stuck in and went up it in the 21.

Flatish most of the way home with a good tail wind, I nailed it averaging over 30kMh. Feeling very strong - bring it on!

1 hour swim with Tri club tonight ... including doggy paddle drills - allways makes me laugh.

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

First tri of the season yesterday and really pleased with a top ten finish :-)

Swimming tonight then a couple of days off I think as I have a sore throat and some physiological testing on Thursday that looks as though it's going to be hell!
    Well done Nivagh that's a great result.

I'm still ploughing on with the training. Tonight it was an interval session on the turbo.

20min warm up followed by 10X 1min on (flat out - like a lizard drinking!!)/1min off. I pushed myself to vomiting tonight and averaged 50.7kMh for the session.

Very painful but immensley satisfying afterwards

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Hour long swim mostly drills, five mile run in the pouring rain ('hmmmm, i think it's just a shower' was well clear of the mark)

Dog was NOT impressed....
    Nice one nivagh .. what were your splits ?

Did a 4 mile run tonight in the rain - enjoyed it but the legs didn't - right knee keeps giving me gip at the moment.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Rest day yesterday. Knee does haven't that much movement this morning, so scratched the turbo session. Ate banana and cereal instead. Will see what it feels like at lunchtime - will probably go to the gym and do some core/strengthening exercises at lunchtime. Then see how it feels and have a turbo session this evening/or swim/or rest.
    Saturday was a 2hr swim, bike and run session.

Sunday 25k easy bike and yesterday rest day.

Tri club swim tonight.
    One hour trail running with some mates - weather crap but scenery great

Then 10 mile TT organised by local tri clubs, I went quite well despite very poor weather (wind rain cold) and a rather hilly course.

Felt quite good to use the P3C in anger again.

36k ride yesterday - this is 18k uphill with average grad at around 7% then a solid 18k back all downhill.... average 22kph overall but average 55kph on the way back leg!

25min row last night too - 6217m

----------------------

Today going for another ride - same route but going further out, probably going to make it 60km overall. Row again tonight too - ill update this later.

So the ride ended up being 45k. From the start its up hill till I reach the summit of the Col de Vence... this is about 18km... then carried on for about 4k and then all the way back again.
    damn! power went in middle of night (storms) alarm clock was reset.... missed my morning training.. have to schedule it in tonight
    One hour tri club swim last night.

Great 28k bike today, with 4x40 secs hill reps. Quads were screaming. All good fun.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    1 hour easy bike

Circuits at lunch

5k fun run with the US Navy-beat a lot of the men and puffed home in 23.47

would have gone faster were it not for the jacket potato sitting in my belly. (not a good idea to eat then race but it was a last minute thing)

Have now had some oreo cookies. Am happy jesster. doo doo doo....
    Was late setting off on my run this evening so decided to do a 3 mile fast, for me, run - completed it in a PB of 21.08 - and was very pleased.

I think I could have gone faster but went out too hard - mile splits were, 6.40, 7.00 and 7.28 - I was aiming for a 21 minute flat .. 7 min miling but just went out too hard but still a PB :D

Max HR was 180 and average was 168 - need to work a bit more on my speedwork and need to give up the cigs ;)

• SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Did a 10k this morning in 47 mins which is a best for me to date. Joining a gym tonight so will be starting swimming this weekend. Very excited.
    Four mile run before work, then a very quick - 250m plus 5 x 50m (10 secs rest) swim - at lunch.

Hope to get some more swimming in tomorrow. Failing that it will be early Sat morning due to commitments!
    Did a good, for me, swimm session of about 1 hour tonight - pool was reasonably empty :D - managed to get a few 200's in and some 300's and managed a 400 without stopping, which is a first for me :D. I was speaking with someone the other night who has done Tri's and they mentioned about not kicking in the swim - so I tried a 400 with minimal kicking and lasted the distance, have no idea how long it took but at least I managed it :D .. probably did over 2500m tonight.