Home Chat General Chat

keep partners happy

I drag him out with me.

blurredgirl

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    make 1 session when they're not around[8|]

convince them to get involved with 1 - gym or swimming seems to work in our house

if their into w/end lie ins get a session in whilst they're still snoring[8D]
  • You dont...you subdue her with repeated blows to the head.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    You don't...

.. First session before they get up can help reduce the pain.

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    ok people how do u keep your partners happy with training sometimes twice a day.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Just the same as you hide Wiggle purchases using the Paypal account (which is funded by selling your partners possessions on e-bay) you should hide your training by doing it when they are asleep (what 6am was invented for) or by pretending you are going to the shops or out with friends.

You can also try buying your partner a nice bottle of wine. When they fall asleep, take advantage of them.... by going out training, of course.

There's also lunch breaks. Your other half will never know.
  • Bopo,

Have you had a bottle of wine.........

poretending?????????

Aslppe????????
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I think she is just glad that am not under her feet annoying her ;)

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I have no idea what you're talking about, ConspiracyTheory. My spelins is prefect and I nevre make a tpying mitsake.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Out of nowhere Mrs Squishy decided we're doing London-Brighton this year, so I slip her the occasional treat off Wiggle.

Giving her a slice of Soreen every now and again helps too.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    MrSquishy, funny you should mention the soreen... My misses has taken to helping herself to the malty goodness without even asking!

I'm never putting the toilet seat down again. Ever.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    A regular issue in my house. I'm missing a running race tomorrow as Mrs Jules is going out. I can't really complain as I'm always off training.

Bopo's 6am suggestion is OK but she's a light sleeper so I wake her up if I get up early, which isn't ideal.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    His little face lights up when I come downstairs dressed for training! So, he's either keen for me to progress, or he's thinking, yay, an uninterrupted hour on the veloriders forum....
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Oh yeah.... and then there's races!

Sorry but after 2:30hours of swimming/biking/running I'm done in.

Not a popular state to be in at the weekend when 'we have plans'!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    I think she is just happy to get me out of the house.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    gunforhire wrote:

Oh yeah.... and then there's races!

Sorry but after 2:30hours of swimming/biking/running I'm done in.

Not a popular state to be in at the weekend when 'we have plans'!

My races were on the kitchen calendar in January. In fact I bought the calendar and wrote them on before I put it in the kitchen - kind of as if it were pre-printed, like for bank holidays!
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    There's no stealth WAT about it-training time is fully WATable, ready to be collected by the WATman at the next available trip to Bluewater.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    i think mine is ready to find another boyfriend to make up the time i'm off missing...and i only train 5 times a week or so, none of this twice a day (that she's aware off - lunchtimes are a godsend). There is no way around the moaning/threatening/sulking really. I take it as another form of training - the mental-strengthening aspect of it.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I put my training schedule on the fridge door to advertise my whereabouts... A week later a 'To Do' list appeared next to it with a list of jobs around the house that need doing.

• MowfMowf Posts: 272
    My weekend rides tend to start with at least 10 minutes of negotiation. This is then followed by 10 - 20 mins of guilt. Then the pain kicks in and everything is ok.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    easy peasy, I am , and I fully acknowledge this, a miserable/irritating sod if I am not kept active, this makes me a pain to be around, thus I get 'sent out' for runs, bikes & swims, rather like the dog that sits at the door wining to go out with its lead in its mouth. Recently much interviewing for new jobs has been going on for Lady Britspin...I am errr 'invited' to go out on a long ride so I can't interfere with the presentation creation process.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Gave mine a Jumbone today.

That kept him pretty sweet.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Well there is no way I can follow that.