Home Chat General Chat

daft question - how do you post a pic?

JulesJules Posts: 987
Conehead wrote:

Clearly I'm being defeated by technology here - how do you flippin' post a pic in your post as an attachment?

Trying to post a pic and can't work it out........

I think it needs to be online somewhere you can link to, then click the yellow mountain icon to put the url of the picture into your post. If you have a picture online right click it to copy the url from the "properties".

Does this help?

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    When you are making your post look down at the bottom to the 'click here to upload' and select the file from your 'puter.

It will appear as a link. If you tick the 'embed picture in post' box it... um... embeds the picture in your post (so we don't have to follow the link).

To add an image URL you click the add image button like jules said. Not tried it, but I guess the 'embed...' button would still work.

Hang on, let's give it a go... [image]http://www.220triathlon.com/images/blue/220alt_06.gif[/image]

Yep, just copied that link from the top of the page.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    OOOhhh! You were doing so well, right up until that accidental double posting. Amateur mistake. What a shame.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Why are you threatening to shoot Santa? [:D]
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Looking good in the first one conehead, looking good...... a lot like me actually.....
  • OK, as Conehead has had his problem sorted, how do you get a picture small enough in file size and also small enough in pixel size, to fit your profile or avatar picture? I've managed to get one picture lower than 200kb but the pixel size is still way too big.

Any ideas that are reasonably easy to do.................
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    If you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager (in office tools if you have the right version) you can open the pic in that then under "Edit Pictures" you have the option to resize to a set number of pixels. Make sure you do this on a copy of the photo though as once it's saved there is no going back.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Cone head....which ones you ?

Obvious I know, but no one ever got rich underestimating their public.
  • Jibby,

Funnily enough thats the first place I looked, but dont have Picture manager!!! Obviously dont have the right version.
  • Conehead...I wasnt expecting you to look like that....
    In which case try doing it online at www.shrinkpictures.com.

Or if you have Win XP try the Image Resize powertoy from microsoft Image Resizer
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    im using photoshop

290 x 290 and 56k big and still no profile pic???????/
  • Ok Jibby, as you seem to be the fountain of knowledge for technical stuff.......

Fantastic, shrinkimage thingy worked, my picture is now small enough to use as profile/avatar. So why does it not show on the forum now???????????
  • I have used Photobucket in the past.
    Finally done it.

1. Make sure maximum pixel dimension is 145 pixels and image is less than 100kb

2. Select the dot next to "Upload my picture (will replace the existing one)", if you skip this step the rest appears to work then doesn't.

3. Click "Upload my picture (will replace the existing one)"

4. Upload picture

5. Click "Apply" at bottom of page

6. Click "OK"

There should now be a picture box next to "Upload my picture (will replace the existing one)" which shows your avatar when you click on it.
  • Brilliant, as you can see, it works. Thanks for that.......
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Why, you don't even have a cone on your head!
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    is it there?

:(

I cant get it to appear in post.

If I view my profile its there though..