Home Chat General Chat

Bournemouth Bay 10k

GGGG Posts: 82
Just out of curiosity, what was the Bournemouth Bay 10k like, was the route B'mouth to poole or the otherway like the Boscome 5k winter series?

GG

Comments

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    It was a good run. The 10 k started out going west along the esplanade for nearly 5k then went up the zig zag slopes to the top then ran all the way back, dropping down to do the last 3 k along the esplanade again. As its mainly flat with only very gentle slopes, its probably a good one for PB's, but for me it was a slow rumble as I had not done the distance before. Winning time was 34 mins. They also did a half marathon, which started in the opposite direction then came back round to the seafront, joining the 10 k route on the way back. Winning time there was 1 hour 13 mins.

Thoroughly recommend it as it was a really great atmosphere with lots of public support and plenty of room for runners to overtake (me)!
  • GGGG Posts: 82
    Hi Cheyrl,

Sounds like a nice course. The 10k distance is the toughest in my humble opionion, great test of speed and stamina.

The vicoty 5 in Portsmouth is a nice flat course, i think its around may/june time.

GG

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Cool, I'll look it up. Have in laws in Pompey so would be nice to race on their turf. Did 10k again today just as a training run through woods and mud, cant believe how much easier it gets everytime you do it!