Home Chat General Chat

Sports Bra Recommendation please

I am looking for a decent sports bra that I can wear under my wetsuit and will give me good support during the run.

My current one is OK for running but doesn't really provide good enough support and my chest actually hurts sometimes when I am running.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a bra that will minimise movement?

Comments

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Hi there,

have a look at the triumph TriAction - I found it on a website called bare essentials.

It's the best one I've found so far

Kim
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Lessbounce.com is to my knowledge the best place for advice, research & stock. apparently you can order try & return if not suitable..check it out.
  • bitzy101bitzy101 Posts: 1
    Also try www.boobydoo.co.uk, not sure whether they ship to the US but definitely UK.
  • AgnessAgness Posts: 27
    def has to be a shock absorber level 4 maximum support. They dry very fast, dont chaf (if you get fitted up correctly) easy to wash, durable. Mine last me for about a year then i down grade em to work bras.
  • taytay Posts: 18
    Shock absorber from sheactive.co.uk - b109 is perfect for under the tri suit and dries quickly. good support and doesn't chaffe!
  • I have just bought the new shock absorber swim wear, the bottoms are way too big when they are wet, the top was good but I didn't feel like it dried any quicker than a normal sports bra as the lining and the fit is the same as the B109 bra. So I would save your money and just buy the bra instead!
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    I know this is going to sound odd, but I used to work in the underwear business (ladies ) and the most important thing with sports bra is support. The best site seem to less bounce as they specialize in sports bras and not tide to any one make.

The two things that people tend to get wrong is the size and the amount of support needed.

You should never exercise in a normal bra not matter what as they don't give enough support and rub. But a quick drying sport bra can be a god send nike used to do a really good one but wasn't quick drying .

shock absorber seem the best by popular demand and are quick drying

I know this is odd coming from a bloke
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I'm not sure if it's still true, but all the shock absorber sports bras i've bought or tried on have seemed to rub me, this doesnt happen with my cotton mix ones, i assume cotton mix ones aren't quick drying enough?

Has anyone else found this? and is it really true about the shock absorber swimwear, that it doesn't chafe? If so, put my name down for one!
    The higher the cotton mix the more it will rub which is not good, you want one with more technical fabric in and a reasonable amount of lycra.

This is one case when man made fabric's are far better than natural.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Hello Ladies ;) ... I run an internet underwear store selling ladies and gents underwear, mainly Triumph, Sloggi, Hom and Calvin Klein.

I know Triumph do some sport bras but we don't currently stock them - but if you are interested I can find out what they sell and will offer a discount and free delivery.

I will look into some of the other brands and see if we can get any stock of them.

If you want any further information or have any questions then PM me.

If moderators are not happy with me offering this service please let me know and will delete the post.

Store name is www.Briefs4u.co.uk and is a legitimate Ltd company.

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Ooh! A discount! All girls love a discount, how much discount exactly?! lol
    You see good things do come from this forum

everybody loves something for as little as posiable

good luck
  • meakiemeakie Posts: 124
    Now then, I ran in my new orca tri top last nite, practised my first T2 and it was comfy and snug and didnt rub- cool! Fitted ace, minimal "bounce" and I am very happy with it.

Shall be doing more runs in it before the day and will swim in it at the weekend.

So, there you go, sorted. Get a tri top and it could be your best friend :-)

I got it from wiggle for about £20 with my gold discount.

I am a size 10 on top, and I ordered a 10, its very tight but comfy.

Shell [:D]
    glad it worked , that one less thing for you to worry about.surprised that your normal size was ok thought you would have had to go down a size to make sure everything was extra tight so no or very little bounce .

Have you tried it swim to bike yet ie wet
    well I did look at the size 10 on the site and it said bust 32-34 and I am a 36 hence my ordering a 10! :-)

Nah, not tried it yet for swim, will be doing so over next few days. Will keep u posted.

So you are a ideal shape for a woman (well for at least us blokes) slim but slightly bigger up top. I did a duathlon last night and spoke to a femae friend there and she swears by tri top , but she is only a b cup. I suppose the bigger you are the more lielyhood you will have to wear both
    well I am gonna wear it under my swim suit. should be nice n comfy.

:-)

Dont fancy running in just my swim suit, the thought of it.. owch!
  • interested to see how this one goes - I am a shock absorber girl under my tri outfit - b109+ - seems to work good for me and dries quick - no way would it be possible for me to not have a bra under the tri top...

Has anyone tried the new shock swimsuit yet?
    the tri top is effectively a bra tho..
  • admitedly yes, but have yet to find one that offers anything like enough support, so its both for me. wouldn't want to completely distract other competitors by bouncing along (alternatively, maybe not a bad idea as might put them off!)
    haha, lol! seriously tho I wouldnt be wearing anything that didnt support me, and the orca tri top I bought is very tight fitting and comfortable, it works for me and I have a bit up top ( ahem)

why dont u try it?
  • yes, i might have a look, i am a 32dd, so getting the size round the back tight with enough room at the front is often my problem! No way can I get 2xu to fit, has to be orca for me. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    how are you going to wear it when you compete with a tri suit or under something else
    please don't take this the wrong way but with the size you are you may be better off going to s specalist shop like bellisimo they do sport bra and quick drying ones for the larger lady up to and also they do a fitting before hand so you know it will be right
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    pacman2102 wrote:

You see good things do come from this forum

everybody loves something for as little as posiable

good luck

Not sure yet - I haven't had chance to look into it - but my other half tells me we can supply the Shockabsorber bra's too - will try and find out more this weekend.

• ellcresellcres Posts: 5
    For me, it all comes down to support during the run leg. I'm new to tri, but have been a runner for years and have found nothing better than two sports bras to keep the 'girls' bounce-free and comfortable. I wear a shock absorber sports bra and then a cropped aerobics style top over the top. Or, I combine a sports bra with a running top that has in-built support. It works a treat and is dead comfortable.

• can anyone guess what im going to say?
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Now I might get deleted from the forum for this but................................. I bought Triatheletes world today and they have a section where they grade and test sports bra's.

As I will never need one! well until the moobs take over. i have not read the article but it seems to get the same coverage that the wetsuit tests get.

hope it helps.