Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon romance....?

Comments

• CPT333CPT333 Posts: 56
    Dude youve never even been to pizza express!!!. Maybe pizza hut!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Dang nammit-rumbled!!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Cheryl6162 wrote:

Thanks for the compliment anyway! Why don't many people put their pics up? Its so much nicer putting a face to the comments

Woof Woof
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Thats such a cute dog. I'd put a picture up only a) i dont know how b) i'd only put one of Milo on there anyway and c) its more fun not knowing who youre talking to

imagination's great isnt it?
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    But surely comanighttrain must be getting somewhere as he said "she's goin down"........[;)]
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    Yes but I am doing that at the same time .

But it's fun talking to loads of different people of a like minded interest
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Pizza Hut? Blimey- with the guys round here you'd be lucky to get a pint out of any of them. I for one have given up on romance/relationships/men (triathletes or otherwise.) Am debating selling my house and going to live in a cave in the outer Hebrides with my dog for some peace and quiet; just think of all the training I could get done and if it was too dark I'd be able to use my turbo without fear of disturbing the neighbours.... on second thoughts does anyone know how to rig up a turbo to power a dynamo???
  • BexH wrote:
    I for one have given up on romance/relationships/men (triathletes or otherwise.)

You just havent met me yet

wow, are you using this as a dating forum coma?!
  • In a total off topic question, anyone read about that guy who was cyberdating this girl in china? he spent about £3000 on gifts and outfits for her and when he went over to meet her...it was a 49 year old cross dresser. Ouch.
    My point entirely- dating is a waste of time, effort and high expectations! They never turn out how you think they will at the start!
  • ach thats not true. Youll find a ball and chain, everyone does. So far i have managed to outrun mine!
    did a duathlon last night for the first time and wore a smiliey face on my are got asked by loads of people what it was all about, even got asked my a few females .

Seems like this thing may actualy have some affect
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Ha ha ha Pacman! Nice one!

Maybe this idea has legs after all! (pardon the pun)
    did have a few people who thought I was a hippie, but what do they know. Didn't get anybodies number thou have to keep on trying
  • Im gonna wear a smiler face at London, but please ladies, wait until after the race :P
    Hey, sorry for the tardy reply-had meetings in London all day yesterday so had to keep my business head on and stay off the forum-withdrawal symptoms or what??

Just did a quick zip round the heath-24 mins worth for just under 5k. Was nice to ease some of the soreness from the quads after Sunday. Then went for a swim in the evening and did a nice leisurely mile on front crawl, which is at last started to improve. Did spinning yesterday morning before going to london, then swam when I got back but only for half hour as the pool water was really warm, so went home, grabbed dogs and ran round the woods where I keep my horses for half hour before the light faded too much. Been up before work today and did 20 mins of sprint intervals on the treadmill and plan a LSD run tomorrow morning; around 10k I hope.

Your time was good then, I couldn't get anywhere near a 7 minute minute mile on the longer distances yet but you never know, if I stick with it.....
    Woo hoo! my son is doing that so I'll look out for you and tell any fit looking females around that you are on the market and primed ready to go!
    I am in london today with work. Did a duathlon last night 1 mile run 11 ,ile bike 1 mile run part of a series did under 6 minute for the first run under half an hour for the bike and anothe fast mile smiley face went down well and people were asking about it
  • who knows, you might not have to tell them by then :P this might catch on
    Wow, that was some good times, especially 11 miles on the bike in under half hour, I struggle at the moment to do 10 miles in less that 38 mins! Mind you my bike is a hybrid which is great for going on or off road but it doesn't exactly make it a speed king for racing!

Glad the smiley is doing its thing, I might do an aquathlon 1st May so if I do I will carry the smiley banner for us all! Actually, I forgot I have a 50 mile British Heart Foundation bike ride at the end of this month-I'll slap it on then too
    sounds like you have a pretty active life horse riding as well and the tri stuff. Where do you find the time to work.

Let's hope the smiley face thing may work for somebody
    looks like you have started something with this forum, apart from the one on how much training have you done this week. it's seem to have the most hit's and responces

keep up the good work girl
    Yeah, time to work is sometimes a problem, does tend to get in the way but it can also come in handy for training as I can run to work (4.5 miles) or cycle in zig zagging across the moor (10 miles). The only thing I can't do is swim in, although if I went via Poole I could swim across to Arne from there....mmmm.......
    you are luck your can train on the way to work. I work in leeds but live in the country and the only real way to get to work is a 20 minute motorway drive

What do you do for a living
    I'm a head hunter with the legal profession. I work with lawyers in London from Mid tier upwards but a lot of it is done from my telephone, BlackBerry and computer from our Dorset out station. What about you?
    Please don't laugh but I am a commerial director for a clothing company that makes ladies underwear . I told dont laugh

But before that I worked for 15 years in the city as a fund manager a little different ah. I did start off a long time ago in the cloth trade before working in london
    Always ok for a gift on valentines day then!
    well put it like this I am never short on something to buy a girlfriend or female friend when I get one or keep one
    Beats the socks off roses - unless its the type that come in a tin!