Home Chat General Chat

Annoyed by Wiggle

Wiggle are my preferred supplier. Great service, if a bit pricy. But reliable - you know when your stuff will arrive, which is really useful when having a pre-race panic.

But, they've just annoyed me.

Placed an order yesterday - tri-suit, elastic laces, number belt, and a few other bits an bobs. All added up, as usual to over £120. That's me spent up for the month! (I'd already bought a track pump, training fins and a pull buoy the other week - WAT/SAT tax building up)

So, this morning, I thought I would check the order - really want the stuff this weekend for practicing transitions - so paid a bit extra for delivery.

Logged in, and confronted with an option to update newsletter preferences. Thought I would do this as I don't want too much email, but targetted email is fine.

I assume as a reward for doing this, I was given a voucher code - but only valid for the next 7 days for orders over £50.

So, question to Wiggle's marketing:

Does giving me a voucher _just_ after I have placed two orders for way over £50

a) Really motivate me to spend spend spend

b) Piss me off as I have, after two quick orders, got everything I need (well, can afford).

Tip: Go and fiddle with your email subscriptions prior to placing an order to see if you too get a voucher code.

Comments

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Didn't place an order, just fiddled with my email subscription and I got one. Any idea what the voucher gets me?

I've only had to deal with Wiggle customer service once and they were reasonable with me and I've read on here other people's praise of their service so drop them a line and see how they respond, you never know.
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    I have recently ordered a bike box from them, my only grip about them was about delivery they deliver during the day but don'tlet you know when and also the company they use nearest depot to me is 45 minute drive away and they do redeliver on a saturday. What about us folks who work to pay for our new stuff

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Any idea what the voucher gets me?

Looks like its £5 off your purchase over £50.

At least I think that is what this means:

"Here's your £5 eVoucher code:"

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    I like Wiggle, excellent customer service usually. I never bother with the paid for delivery as the standard delivery is always very quick. The prices are not so bad once you are over the £100 spending threshold and get the "gold" price.

If I was buying an expensive item I'd shop around but if it's a smaller thing I just usually go with Wiggle to save hassle.

JH are you too late to cancel and rebuy? If you are perhaps a mildly perturbed email to customer services will get them to refund you a fiver. They're generally very helpful (I've found).
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I thought about emailing them.. but it is only a minor peeve! Thought it might be more fun to do my whining in public (as much to give a heads up about the vouchers). They are still my preferred supplier - as it is range of goods, quality/reliability of service, that is slightly more important than price - or at least, the odd freebie. Just a bit galling to be given the voucher AFTER making two purchases that would have qualified. I'm way over budget this month - my, there are so many little extras that you need, so cannot be tempted with even a fiver off. I will have to give up alcohol for another 40 days to make up the deficit!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Having used many online sports retailers over the years, wiggle are by far the best. There are a few out there who just dont get the whole customer service thing.........."cough...SBR....cough".
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    i've only ever found wiggle to be helpful and good with the delivery - i was quite lucky in that i got the voucher when i signed up, and was planning on spending that day anyway so it was good, added to that I get a 10% discount on everything (i spend way to much money on wiggle). I haven't ordered a bike from them but the deliverys usually come to my work anyway (I consider it offshoring for GAT avoidance).
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Jack Hughes wrote:

I will have to give up alcohol for another 40 days to make up the deficit!

That bottle of dessert wine not still in the fridge then? [;)]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    BexH wrote:
    That bottle of dessert wine not still in the fridge then? [;)]

Ha! Good try!. It actually got used in cooking - which, as you know, doesn't count, as all the alcohol gets evaporated.

I stuck to my drought for 40 days. Had a drink at the weekend. A pint + 3.5 glasses of wine. Enjoyed it at the time, but didn't sleep well. Not had a drink since. Will start again at Easter. But generally really try to cut down. My abstinence has proven that I don't need it. It's just empty calories.