Home Chat General Chat

what train are you planning over the easter break

As most of us have at least 4 days off work what training are you planning to do over the easter break or do you have a race planned

Me

friday a nice easy 10k run

saturday bike to the gym (10 miles) then have a fitness accessment by a friend who is a personal trainer (2 hours) and then bike back

sunday a nice long 4 hour plus bike ride

monday brick day 5 time 6 mile bike followed by 3 mile run and then in the evening an hour swim with the club

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    look after your missus well after she gets her eyes done, shadowone. when the drops wear off she'll be in a lot of misery [:(] and she wont be able to open her eyes properly til the next day.

next morning she'll be fine tho.
  • pippip Posts: 170
    Thursday 21k bike and 5k run brick

Friday rest

Saturday 10k run

Sunday rest

Monday 1000m swim

Tueaday Back to work ...............Great[X(]
  • GGGG Posts: 82
    Im going to take it easy as im suffing from a slight niggle and dont want to aggravate it.

That said probably do 4 hours on the bike fri or sat, swim for an hour the day i dont ride. Sunday take it easy and Monday a few of us are going over to the Isle of Wight to do the 3 hills challenge.

Should be a good crack.

GG

ps i like to ride round the isleand anti-clockwise, if your feeling particulary kinky theres a lovely climb from ventnor seafront all the way to the top of st bonifaces down :-)

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Here is my weekend.....

Thursday: 4k speed swim set and 6x3min L4 3min Recovery jog intervals run

Friday: 33mile Time Trial and 3km straight swim

Saturday: Brick session as follows:

20 min run L3

30 min turbo L3

30 min run L3

20 min turbo L4

20 min run L2/3

Sunday: 3hr Bike followed by 30 min run

Monday: 1hr recovery run nice and easy

Tuesday: 10 mile Time Trial and 3.2k Extensive Swim set

Wednesday: 6x2min hard 3min recovery jog intervals

Thursday: 4k Speed Set swim and Easy spin set on Turbo

Friday: 3x1k swim set with 10s recovery between

Saturday: 20 mins light run with some sprints 8s sprints

Sunday:Oulton Park Duathlon

Thats my easter week planned as im off work all week:)
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    @hussler - Very interesting!

Thursday: Working

Friday: I'm really taking each day as it comes with regards to the knee injury. Probably a swim. A bike ride if I can fit it in. Short, but very hilly (used to take just over an hour on the mountain bike)

Saturday: If the knee seems OK I might do a 5K parkrun race. It probably won't be.

Sunday: Swim if the pool is open. Will do the hill ride again - or a slight longer version - I can get 7 single/double arrow ascents in in less than < 15 miles.

Monday: Practise Transitions, might have a go at a brick session on the Turbo, just to see what that is like.

Tuesday: Day off from work: 2 hour bike ride.

Wednesday: Day off from work: Swim.

Thursday: Work and Rest

Friday: Work and rest - possibly a bit of a gentle turbo session, a swim in the morning.

Saturday: Rest, last minute shopping, prepare the bike and other kit.

Sunday: Oulton Park Duathlon.

There will be visits to the Gym for core and stretching. If the knee is sore then rowing will replace the running. There will be games of tennis too, if the weather is OK for outside play.

Of course, the missus will also want to do somethings, which may impact on the plan.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Is this a 'train-off' boys?

If so, who will decide the winner?
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Age and Experience (less of the former, more of the latter). Oh, and ability.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    Thursday - drive across all of Wales and most of England towing horse trailer with horse, set up coralling, set up tent put up with other half whinging bout being in a tent

Friday set up vet gate area, reccie crew route and horse route, fingers crossed will sneak a run in

Saturday - 4.45am feed horse, 5.45am vet horse 07.00 wave of horse and daughter as start 120km endurance ride them meet, crew, vetx 4 with 40 mins to refeed horse and rider at various stages with any luck be finished by 5pm - collapse

Sunday - drive back

Monday - bike ride come hell or high water
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    started my easter training yesterday, by doing a duathlon 1mile run 11 mile bike 1 mile run, am going swimming and spinning on top of my plan's for the weekend.

I am trying to get ready for the coming season so I have give it large
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I was going for:

- a lie in

- easter egg hunt with the kids

- a wee run at some point

Well you need to pace yourself![:D]
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Hoping to do at least one, if not two 35 mile bike rides - I have an all day swimming session planned with video and analysis etc, probably do a couple of LSD runs too.

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    No real change for me over Easter - just follow the programme
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Had agreat week, lots of time for extra miles and miles!

having a Half marathon tomorrow, to finish off the training peak of this week[sm=kiss.gif]