Home Chat General Chat

Cleat question

Im no expert only just got my first road bike a few months ago but from what i have gathered the floating one you can move your foot a slight bit left to right the fixed you cant??

Comments

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    With Shimano SPD cleats, what's the difference between floating and fixed?
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Yup, correct. I use the floaty ones because my knees are a bit floaty too. The fixed ones doe allow some movement but it is much less.

And frogmanRN, I assume you are a Navy diver? If so, then in a forum that is generally full of extreme nutcases you have just won a Supreme Nutcase award. Well done. [8D]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Everyones knees are a little floaty, but it takes non floating cleats to find out.....& you don't want to find out.
  • pictures.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Wow Conehead so you were a para trooper in a pervious life - Impressive!
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    Weren't you RAF Reg Conehead? We shold set up a forum for ex/current forces on here-seems like there's quite a few.

Also just bought your book-it wants to be good or I'm sending you my Amazon invoice!!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    You look mighty pleased with life in that pic Conehead!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I like your freudian misspelling Graham... Pervious life! Not sure if its actually a word, but sounds like it should be.

graham33 wrote:

Wow Conehead so you were a para trooper in a pervious life - Impressive!

• PAH ... !!!

Think yerselves lucky.... 1st static jump out of an Islander insight prior to 5AB, and i get caught up in the Static line, have to get cut free, fall away and tumble down only to realise no main canopy, so go for the reserve only to realise my left arm is now totally Fooked.......piff paff puff and I begin to gentle fall to ground....with 2 BLOODY CANOPY'S !?!?!?! main and reserve

Mile x Mile 1/2 DZ and i missed it, sat in a field surrounded by sheep in rather a bit of pain, before I get carted away for 2 months in Hospital and 7 major Ops to me arm

for some reason it put me off jumping again
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    So, I take it Top Gun was made up then?
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Britspin wrote:

So, I take it Top Gun was made up then?

You're right Brit - it is a gift!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Conehead wrote:
    ORIGINAL: Tri~Dwarf

PAH ... !!!

Think yerselves lucky.... 1st static jump out of an Islander insight prior to 5AB, and i get caught up in the Static line, have to get cut free,

That's what happens when you dribble out of the aircraft in the feotal position instead of launching yourself out like a winged warrior........

Yeah, whatever. _I_ once had to debug some COBOL.