Home Chat General Chat

bike speed and increasing it

Hi guys and girls

looking for advise on increasing my bike speed . I have done a heavy winters training and done a whole load of milage , but need to improve my times know I can do the distant fine. I am currently getting about 35 kpm out of my bike and want to get near 40 kpm. Has anybody got any tried and trusted routines that help

I have a couple of months to go before my first serious race and off to a 10 day warm weather training camp in spain so all advice will be appreciated

Comments

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    40 kpm...

only ever seen this going downhill :D

Try include 100+RPM sessions at a low intensity gear, then work up from that.

• pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    no thats 35kph on the flat, I have tried sprints on the turbo for 5 and 10 minutes. So I need some on the road sections.

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Find a local club and go out doing some chain gang work. That should help.
  • John DJohn D Posts: 11
    Firsly interval session on the turbo working at threshold. But the key for me at this time of the year and throughout the summer is a doing time trials: 10 mile once a week and a 25 mile once a month. For me personally there is nothing better for working at the right intensity.

I started the local road club TT in early march and for the same course I've gone from 26' 15" to 24' 40" which was yesterday.

However, a word of caution you do need to have a good winter base and have done some threshold session on the turbo to get the benefit of doing TT

John D
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    have already done that it's the doing it on your own is when it becomes a lot harder, but went out over the weekend and did some intervals