Home Chat General Chat

easter egg consumption wall of shame!

following Gary's very popular drinking wall i thought i'd share my egg consumption with ye all..

please noone tell me how many extra calories i will have consumed!

So far a mini egg easter egg,the small choco eggs that where inside it and some small lindt eggs yeserday.

so far today i've the ears eaten off a bunny after comin home from a 80k cycle

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I think you deserve some chocolate after that ride!
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I have just ate beans on toast followed by a full tube of cadbury's mini eggs haha but I have been out on the bike for 3hrs 15mins averaged over 20 miles an hour and burnt off over 3000 calories so the garmin says so Im sure the 400 calories of mini eggs wont matter too much.... especially as I usually struggle to keep my weight at 70kgs and not go any less! :)
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    mmmm......well, i've been sneaking the odd bite on and off now for a few days, i guess i must have eaten an egg by now, but it gets worse, today's crappy eating Easter day so far:

Bran Flakes

[40K Ride]

Cheese sandwich - Toasted

2 Choc chip biscuits

Few mouthfuls of choc egg

Bag of crisps

[Walk up local hill - The Wrekin]

eat another bag of crisps and 2 choc chip biscuits (oh yeah, and a mint ice-cream on the way down)

Roast beef and veg in an hour, followed by beer....

Does this mean i'll be slower?

• One big egg, still looking at the 2 smaller eggs that were inside it.

Mmmmmm, shall I? Shan't I?[:'(]
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    45k bike ride followed by chocolate bar and 1 belgium beer.

Pringles and popcorn while watching DVD

Biscuits and tea.

turkey stuffing + veg

6k run

Apple Crumble and Custard..

There is an egg looking at me now.. Poor guy, he looks so... goddam delicious

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Porridge for breakfast

35 mile bike ride (lets not talk averages!) 1580 cals burned

Jacket potato with tuna and ahem..mayonaise

Ice cream when the van came round (well who wouldn't?)

Walk 2 miles with dogs

Barbecue incorporating burgers, sausages and steak

.......then triple chocolate gateaux with elmlea double cream!!!!

Only drinking diet coke tho..............

• Can I combine the two walls, I'm on the sofa drinking wine and eating chocolate!!!!!!

But I am cycling from Cardiff to Newcastle this week.

do an hour on the turbo whilst considering 'Project Gary'

how did you get on? does an hour on the turbo make you feel like taking me on?
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Aint I the lucky one ... can't stand chocolate and don't like cakes or biscuits - no problems for me at easter ... unless you count sausage rolls ;)

sausage rolls COUNT! You can substitute chocolate for anything bad for you......i thought this was a given!!!!
    I'm not a big chocolate fan either. I'll eat it if it's there, but otherwise not bothered. So the easter bunny didn't bother to bring me anything.

What I did get was beer! So had a nice few bottles of some interesting ales. Also had a bacon and egg sandwich - bacon for the first time since January I think. That was fantastic. Perfect breakfast.

Then, for dinner, a nice piece of mutton in a buttery sauce. Loads and loads of potatoes roasted in dripping. Hmm.. Salt and saturated fats!

Will have to get back on the straight and narrow again. But the missus has just started cranking out another batch of hot cross buns. Hmm. I am partial to a yeasty bun.

Didn't bother to weigh myself - but am 5 lbs heavier I think...

Off for a platelet donation. But have had so much beer this weekend, I don't think I can fit anything in. So if the knee allows me to drive, I'll take the missus to the pub so that she can have a few.
    that's it......back on the chocolate/crisps/beer/peanuts wagon for me.

[stop that sneering at the back]
  • nick you're cycling all the way up to newcastle?! that's class. are you from here (newcastle) or there??anyway good luck for your ride and if you're not a geordie, then i hope you like the city. and if you are a geordie then i hope you like it even more!! [:D] x

oh p.s. eater egg consumption is a meagre one egg over two days, nowhere near coneheads magnificent feat!! but i did make homemade banana ice cream today and have eaten soooo much of that!!!! it's lovely... yum.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    2 creme eggs, two pieces of birthday cake, 2 mini pork pies, toulouse sausages large cafetiere of coffee oh and a chocolate liqeur! I'll put the alcohol count on the other wall of shame.......

but to make it all healthy, i've had an apple!
  • CPT333CPT333 Posts: 56
    Technically Ive been great.Not one easter egg, due to nobody buying me one!

However due to the absense of official easter eggs they were replaced with the following;

3 Creme eggs ( on special offer, wouldnt usually buy 3 at a time)

2 Galaxy bars ( again special offer)

half a triple choc cake

a HUUUGE oyster ice cream with a flake

There was probably more but ive either forgotten or am too subconsciously embarressed to admit it.

Does this make me a bad person/triathlete?
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    As you didn't share any of it with your mother, I'm afraid it does.........
  • CPT333CPT333 Posts: 56
    Maybe if you had bought me an easter egg i would have been more inclined to share. And i seem to recall you eating a big chunk of Triple chocolate cake!!!!
  • I tried to eat all the eggs but failed.. also tried to eat all the crap in the cupboard so I would start today with a healthy start.... We'll start again tomorrow.

Mother-in-law brought me a Harbio egg full of sweets... she's a lovely lady :)

I wonder why I can't lose weight?? even with all the exercise....
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Stop complaining!!!

I live in Belgium; Land of beer and chocolate!!!

please HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP[:D]
    MMmmm... Beer. Chocolate. I had to go for a work trip to Brussels last year. Nice. For beer, it's a close second to Yorkshire. I'm not too bothered about the chocolate, and your fascination for waffles, I just don't understand. Or is it just something you feed the tourists, so you can save the nice food for yourselves!
    Don't really know where to post this. I'm currently eating an (the last) easter egg and washing down with export. Is that bad?