Home Chat General Chat

Is it allowed...

I know theres been a thread on tumble turns lately and the 'great debate' between whether to use them in training or not

BUT I have a mixture of open water and pool swims this year. For the pool swims are you actually permitted to use tumble turns?

Ive never bothered to find this out beofre simply because i didnt used to bother with them. now i find its actually quite good fun to turn upside down now and again (seriously no other reason as i dont think they actually make me much faster!!).. so does anyone know if they're permitted in pool swims?? Thanks!!! x

Comments

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    It'll probably differ from race to race. I've done pool-based races where I've seen them occurring with no qualms, and where it's been specifically said not to do them in the race briefing. Best to ask at each race, rather than do them and get DQ'd.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Varies from event to event I think.
  • ah, brill, thanks. thats probs why could find no definitive answer on the web!!

will just make the necessary enquiries... [;)]
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I dont bother tumble turning at pool events, mainly as im rubbish at them.

I differs from race to race.... If there are a few people in the lane then the race organisers say no... if there are only a couple then they generally let you.

I did a 5:22 400m 3 weeks ago only doing touch turns so for me It doesnt affect my times as ill be one of the quickest in thepool too. It is possible to get a very good time without tumbling:)