Home Chat General Chat

Dedication. Do you have it. Would you pee yourself to win a race?

I doubt there is anyone on this forum that would say no!

It would be even easier in a Trisuit as well. (you were talking about whilst sitting in a suit at work in the middle of the office for the general question right?!)

Comments

• Egads. What is wrong with you people :|
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    In the unlikely event that I was in contention to win a triathlon, I would definately do it.

In my case this is what I belived is termed a hypothetical question [;)]
  • Would you pee yourself to win a race?
  • CPT333CPT333 Posts: 56
    Yes every time.Unfortunately not in this situation yet but some day i wouldnt think twice if it ment a 1st place!
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Done it whilst sailing a few times, after 8 hours constantly trimming sails and unable to leave your station it is one of the nicest feelings and restores your focus. I imagine on a long bike leg the feeling would be pretty similar.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Does this guarantee that I will win the race? I suppose if you got a good enough coverage then it could discourage people from getting too close - then they wouldn't be able to overtake?

In a purely hypothetical situation of this meaning I could actually win something, then yes i would. In reality, it's never going to be an issue.
  • i really dont see why is so bad pissing your self it should just be water if you are fully hydrated

Andy

• pippip Posts: 170
    Yeah no problem.I pissed meself once on purpose years ago when i was riding my motorbike home from North Wales to Manchester in the ahem pissing rain with no waterproofs it was lovely and warm for about 10 seconds and then the rain washed it out............Result
  • god i hate you guys so much.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    comanighttrain wrote:

god i hate you guys so much.

You really are resisting this too much.

What do you think happens in a big stage race like the TDF? Well, any event > 2hrs. And you thought it was grass stains, or where the ball had been rubbing, on those cricketers' whites.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    it's not like you just pee yourself and do nothing about it. you take a water bottle at all the aid stations so you have a constant supply of fresh water, so when you need to pee, you wash it off with water from your bottle. i use almost a whole bottle so it's pretty much washed away
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    now that would be a far more interesting deabte! would you sh1t yourself to win a race? or a qualification slot for hawaii? now thats got me thinking.....
  • Id sh1t myself for two things. One of them is Jessica Alba, the other is a cure for cancer.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I pissed in my wetsuit. Does that count? I didn't win though...
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    comanighttrain wrote:

Id sh1t myself for two things. One of them is Jessica Alba, the other is a cure for cancer.

A few million quid would do it for me!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Not sure how high your chances would be with Ms Alba if you were covered in shit. Or is she into that? [:D]
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Going back to the caption competition thread of last week, we all now know what happened to that poor guy covered in his own sh1t - he must have thought he was in with Jessica Alba!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    probably pee myself IF I won a race..& s**t myself if someone said you have a slot at irinman hawaii.....with Jessica Alba.
  • I would do anything for a slot in Jessica Alba.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Are we suggesting that there might be some advantage to peeing yourself while competing? Please be very careful here.... next thing you know Gary Roberts will be 'tackle-out' peeing all over the start line. You know, just in case. [:D]
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    comanighttrain you're obsessed man! first in the triathlon love thread and now this! but yes i would! I used to do a lot of kayaking and if you capsized and had to pop your deck (yes i said deck) you'd have a pee whilst floating down the river - revenge on the rats for weills disease! as to soiling myself (not sure it would let me swear) for a spot at hawaii, with jessica alba, hmmm not sure i'd actually finish the race let alone be in with a chance with alba![:(]

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I pee in a wetsuit often. Don't think it would be great time management to exit the open water, get out of suit, pee, get wet wetsuit back on(which is a giant bugger, worse than getting it of) and back to the venue. 10 minutes past by, you're cold and out of rhythm.

I do it in OW on training, would I do it to win a race???? Thats not even a question![:D]
  • i cant answer the second question for fear of being to honest with myself and therefore also disgusted with myself. mind it would definitely depend on how near the front i was! if it was worth it...x