Home Chat General Chat

Ankle strap.....?

For timing mate and you will get given one

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Hi

i've noticed people wearing ankle straps in triathlon. Are these for the timing chips or something else? Are they given to you or do i need to get one? And where from?

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Phew... thought I was going to have to buy another piece of kit!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I would suggest buying one, then you can get one in red/carbon whatever colour makes you faster!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    you know what I'm talking about........

got me stumped mate.......17th May......nothing happening??
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Alot of the race ones given out are just velcro and can scratch,if you decide to purchase your own try www.roadid.com ,their strap is backed with neoprene and as the title says you can get a metal tag similar to a medi alert tag with you details printed on in case of accidents etc.
  • Jon.e

I bought one of these last year (Road ID) as most of my bike riding is done along quiet country lanes and I figured that if I crashed then I would want someone to know who I was. Cant remember how much I paid, but it wasn't anymore than $20 which at the time was a tenner. TBH, for a tenner, its worth having, just in case. And I wear it for training and triathlon and never notice it.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Bought one of these about 2 years ago. They should oblige every triathlete to get this.

I bike/run 99% of my sessions with this on.

If someone buys one, you get discount coupons with codes on them. You could give the number to fellow forumers so they can get a little discount. I did it a while ago on here.

BTW: mine is RED!!![sm=kiss.gif]