Home Chat General Chat

---((Tri-madness))---

Just a quick one.....as my first race approaches ever closer i seem to be getting more aware of possible injuries and suchlike that could ruin it all for me.

I got out of the pool yesterday after doing about 2k and whilst towelling down noticed a weird rash on my shoulder, what made it look worse was that it was a deeper red colour where my vein ran through it. I thought all kinds of stuff.....had i knocked it in the pool? had i been scratching rather over-enthusiastically? Or was i bleeding internally due to the wild amount of strokes i put in per length!!

After a few hours of worry it hit me right between the eyes, it was a stubble rash - caused by my shoulder rubbing against my jaw/chin during the swim.

Triathlon is making me mad!!!!

Anyone else suffering from tri-madness?

[8D]

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    There are not that many sports that allow you to become totally paranoid over three different disciplines!!! and wondering what you have m ss d out on.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Brilliant mate....

Don't hold back on the Triathlon and enjoy it. I've got my second ever tri on Sun and I can't wait.... I'm going to attack them hills!!!

Perhaps i might even get a decent photo and take down my pesky mut as my avatar.....

good luck to you for yours and remember to have fun!!!
  • pippip Posts: 170
    Buy some new razors pal ,i find gillettes are pretty good when used every day even if it does mean ridding yourself of that sexy man stubble that all the ladies love
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    A mate of mine who swam the channel last year grew a beard for this exact reason as the stubble was killing his shoulders. Maybe that's the way to go Gary?

Hell, lets all grow beards... Or a nice handlebar moustache at least.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Aero handle bars I guess.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Ha ha brilliant! Reminds me of the monster rash / burn I gave myself off the velcro on my wetsuit at last year's London tri - took nearly a month to go away!