Home Chat General Chat

Gary Roberts

MowfMowf Posts: 272
Anyone else a Gary Roberts fan?

What races are you doing, Gary? I am going to be following your results like a hawk to see if all of this forum bashing has done the job!

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Stalker alert [;)]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Of course: anyone who gives visibility of their progress and performances is good to watch. Go Gary!

I'm also a hussler fan - he provides a lot of info, and looks to be pretty competitive, and nicely modest with it too. Love hearing about the training plans, the split times, and seeing the performances too.

Bathtub is interesting - as a very good old timer - but not quite enough info to track performances. Hint.

Will also be keeping an eye on the performances of the dorset women (and son!).

I'm keeping my fingers cross for blurredgirl, as she goes under the knife again, and hope that her greater fitness will speed her recovery.

I'm looking to see how jon_g does as he moves up the distance.

I'm quite partial to treefrog too, as an ubermasochist, take no prisoners kind of guy.

So, really, I'm a fan of everyone who sticks at it, and lets us get involved, shows us the pain as well as the progress, and lets us all share in the triumphs and tribulations.

That goes for anyone I've not mentioned either! I'm cheering for everyone!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Mmmmm..........what to say?

All Sprints Planned.....but may sneak in a OD somewhere. First is the Black Country Tri a week on Sunday. Don't expect anything spectacular!

[8|] [size=2][a little bemused][/size] [8|]

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Conehead wrote:

I've been sucked into the world of the G-Man. I've been watching and commenting on his bike footage which he's been sending me, given him a hamstring progression for athletes. All of which normally costs huge amounts of money but which I've inexplicably being doing for free.

I'm even considering 'Project Gary' which is to turn him into a triathlon machine as he's relatively local to me.

Maybe this is all to distract me from my own problems of Hawaii 70.3 in 7 weeks time and qualification for the big race later in the year.....

I'm sure he'll mention you in his speech when he wins at Kona in 2012!

EDIT - come on Gary, you know you can make it to Hawaii [:D]

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I fully expect to to see Mr Roberts flying past me at some point (with thumb in mouth) at every event I enter. He will also be holding a laptop, and simultaneously be posting a live blog to this forum.

• graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    lol, it will be like meeting a celeb! just like when I saw Conehead and Jon_g in this months magazines!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    I saw Jon_g in the magazine but missed conehead - which page is he lurking on?

I'm a fan of anyone who offers good advice or makes me chuckle. Maybe we should all wear name tags at the events or names on our shirts in true superstar footballer style.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Will also be keeping an eye on the performances of the dorset women (and son!).

Jack, you've shamed me into putting my times up for what I have done so far even though it reads a bit like a Hall of Shame at the moment, but I'm banking on the fact that it will galvanise me into greater performances in the future!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I'm a relative newby but def impressed with some of the topic big baz has been posting.

I'm keeping an eye on his time to see if it was better than my first tri...

Good Luck Mate!!
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Hey, me too Cheryl! I am truly not good at running but hey- what the hell have put my time up anyway for Saturday...
    We are brave and fearless aren't we in the face of all these superstars! I don't think I will be able to do the Canford evening aquathlon series as I have meetings in London on the first date and can't guarantee getting back in time. Although having said that, there's still plenty of time for those meetings to be reshuffled as is the norm!
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    well Gary not to much pressure now then mate, gotta go sub 1 hr for your sprints then a 8hr ironman buy the end of next year then.

Easy .....................good luck stay injury free and dont push it is my advice.

Mat.

• graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Conehead wrote:
    ORIGINAL: al_ford

I saw Jon_g in the magazine but missed conehead - which page is he lurking on?

Triathletes World, page13......

That's from memory - didn't even have to look it up! [;)]
    hmmm, I'm not sure what happened to my photo there- I am not actually a shadow person... although will be hoping I turn into one when I get my trisuit on ha ha! I may well be too embarrassed to post my aquathlon time....
  • Yay go Roberts!! I'm a particular fan of his brand of 'tee total' [:D]

ooh who suggested named t-shirts?? seriously why is there not a tri220 tri suit / top / t-shirt we could all have our handles printed on and recognise each other at races....

conehead you could get that sorted couldn't you ?? Being the trigod and all?? you could make a mint mate, id buy one!! x
    we could all have our handles printed on and recognise each other at races....

That's a excellent idea! I think we should be able to get something sorted....

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Maybe t-shirts then....tri suits might be a bit.....(bit too flash harry)

I'd buy one too. [:)]
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Conehead wrote:

The Black Bomber has 'conehead' on the top tube

My tri suit has 'conehead' in big white letters across my bum, so you know who you're about to overtake.

I can get tri suits printed up - its expensive though....if you want it to stay on past one wash anyway.

We should all have our forum names on our gear.. :)

Pity all ye guys are in UK.. Would like to get over in the summer and have a 220 forums CUP Challenge.. :-)
    Draft t-shirt......

[image]local://2838/B49F01E481DE472B8FFC18063D8F5648.jpg[/image]
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I'd buy one of those Gary! Not your one obviously, although I will now have to think of something wittier for my 'signature'... I'll get thinking
    Count me in too! If we went the cycle top type route they can be custom made by Cycle Clothing at a cost of around £25 for short sleeved. Minimum purchase of 5 and don't see why we wouldn't be able to have our own forum names and signatures on
    Woo hoo BexH! Now I'll be able to recognise you at the tri in Wimborne. I'll just look for a shadow girl wearing only a smiley.....
    Ohh, I seem to have become full bodied again... slightly embarrassing for a graphic designer..... erm, I might wear a bit more than a smiley or I stand the risk of breaking some of those nudity rules methinks!
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    So where do we order [8D]
    Vistaprint is an on-line printer of t-shirts, they let you upload a design and then print it and send it.......that design above including your name and number on the back is £6.50. T-shirts probably awful quality but hey, its just for laughs....

Hey Gary,

Good idea; you have to watch Vistaprint though- lots of horror stories if you google them where they sign you up without your knowledge to a monthly members payment or something. They may have stopped doing it now as there were a lot of irate customers who only realised they were being stitched 6 months down the line!!
    they sign you up without your knowledge to a monthly members payment or something

I formally retract all recommendations, direct or indirect, to use Vistaprint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us reconsider!

• jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    I was intrigued when I saw this thread, can someone fill me in ?

Whats all this about this Gary roberts fella?
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    He's like The Stig of the triathlon world jamewah - some say his bones are made entirely of black naked carbon and SIS gel flows through his veins [:D]
    Thats better-but you seem to havegrown a hand out of your shoulder!

Could come in handy on the swim I suppose......