Home Chat General Chat

Bike Shoes

do most of you have a set of normal road shoes and then tri shoes for the event?

or do you train in your tri shoes all year round?

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    spr1983 wrote:

or do you train in your tri shoes all year round?

Oh yes, and they "smell like a turd covered in burnt hair!!" seriously!!

Wear mine all year round, they're Shimano TR50, wear overshoes in the winter to protect my 5 little piggies. Tri shoes arent ideal as your one and only pair due to the need for added ventalation to dry your feet off post swim. This can cause your tootsies to get chilly in the colder months. Just get some overshoes (£10ish) and that solves that drama.

Tri shoes are good, but are really designed with fast transition in mind (shoes clipped into bike at T1) if your not going to entertain that idea then road shoes are a good option and probably cheaper too, as with all things assosiated with triathlon, anything with triathlon in its description will be 10x more expensive.
  • spr1983spr1983 Posts: 34
    cheers MG, been looking at a nice pair of Adidas Tri sprint shoes off wiggle.

although im not going to have the shoes clipped into the bike at T1, i do however want to get them on a bit quicker than a pair of road shoes
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I'm a kit freak, I have a pair of Shimano tri/TT shoes (excellent), Sidi Genius III training shoes and a pair of Adidas top of the range Uberlight shoes for the big climbs