Home Chat General Chat

[REVIEW] Tacx Flow Turbo Trainer

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• jacjac Posts: 452
    Great review Jack.

Personally I prefer to hit the roads. Plus there's the WAT factor of yet another training device!

At the moment I've seen good gains in my outdoor cycling..I guess when this begins to plateau I might have to consider a turbo.

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Great in depth review you should be on commision from Tacx.

A couple of points I would like to add:

Be careful of sweating over the computer unit, mine got damaged from sweat and just went blank, they cost £100 to replace.

I now either cover the computer with cling film or attach it to the handle of my track pump and have it adjacent to my bike within easy reach.

I have been using a powertap power meter recently for training, when I've used this setup on the Flow the flow readout is about 50 watts higher than the powertap. From research that I've done the flow power readout is only an estimate whereas the powertap is pretty accurate of actual power. That said if you stick to the same parameters when you use the Flow the accuracyof the power read out is not an issue.

The Flow is a great bit of kit, well recommended.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    It's coming. Still not finished the book yet! I've bought so many books - working my way through "Managing your own Knee Pain" at the moment [:)]