Home Chat General Chat

Aquasphere Kayenne.....

MGMG Posts: 470
Had a pair of these goggles for a couple of weeks now and they are without doubt the best googles I've ever owned.

(I dont work for Aquasphere BTW)

I dont like the masks but need a larger lense for OW swimming and these are an excellent compromise. Ive owned tonnes of different goggles in the past 5 years and all have their problems, fogging, comfort, vision, leaking etc but so far these have been perfect.

Ive worn them for a 5km pool swim and I didnt have to stop ONCE to de-fog or re-adjust, thats never happened before. Anyway, if youre in the market for some new goggles I would definately give these a gander.

[image]local://1517/DD3BED81C71840D2ACAD53B69115B818.jpg[/image]

Comments

• JustinJustin Posts: 15
    I have a pair of Kaiman™ Small and some days when swimming I have no problem with them and other days I need to stop every couple of lengths of re-adjust them and empty all the water out of them. The water always seems to leak at the same place (at the outside corner of my right eye. It is very frustrating because when I previously had goggles with foam seals I never encountered this problem. With the impending open water swim I am getting concerned about finding a goggle that won't leak. I understand that everybodies face is a different shape and a brand of goggle that suits one person fine doesn't another, so maybe my search goes on.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    I had the Aquasphere Kaimans before I bought the Kayenne, did last season with them, but they were always leaking and fogging.

Yes everyones faces are different and goggles, like shoes and saddles, are down to personal preference.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I have a pair of these googles too and I can also say they are fantastic!!!

I had the Kaimens for the last 2 seasons and although I didnt have any probs with them I liked the look of the Kayennes so thought I would try them.

I go through about 4 pairs of goggles a season so I bought 4 pairs!!!

10/10 from me:)
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I purchased the Kaimens and they are fantastic anti fog goggles - unfrotunately they dont fit my face though and have to have them on super tight :(

So I went and bought the Aquasphere Eagles - they fit fantastic - loose strap and don't leak :D yeaahhh ... unfortunately the fog up every 2 legnths so its back to the drawing board for me again ... will have a look at the Kayennes -

Only problem is its getting expensive now

Conehead wrote:

I just give the old eagles a quick squirt of anti fog drops before taking a dip, saves buying new ones!

I do like the look of those Kayenne though....

tried that on thursday with the Aquasphere anti fog - made no difference whatsoever :( - am swimming again tomorrow and have change dthe lenses for the dark ones to see if that makes a difference :S .. maybe just a fault batch ??

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The batch thing could be true, I have had kaimanns for years & loved them, last years new pair leaked from the right eye by the strap, put up with it, bought a new pair a couple of months later to let the batch work thru as it were & no problems, confident as I was that my face had not changed shape.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 15
    Britspin wrote:

The batch thing could be true, I have had kaimanns for years & loved them, last years new pair leaked from the right eye by the strap, put up with it, bought a new pair a couple of months later to let the batch work thru as it were & no problems, confident as I was that my face had not changed shape.

I have just ordered a pair of Kayenne's from Amazon. If they work out O.K. I'll order another set as a spare pair. From your description Britspin, my Kaimanns leaked in precisely the same place.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    I have some speedo goggles and in my opinion they are ace.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    Pleased it's not just my funny shaped face. My kayennes leak just at the corner of the right eye too. They are lovely to wear initially, suck tight to eye sockets, don't steam up and great vision. But 2 lengths later the right goggle is full of water. Fine as long as I breath left, but when I breath right I have to close the eye.

Kaimans used to leak a bit in both. Seal xp doesn't leak at all but really makes bridge of my nose hurt after half an hour. Trouble is you can only try them by buying them.

Ade
    Britspin wrote:

Think it is a batch thing as I changed over today to the darker lenses that were also supplied and they were great :D .. didnt mist up at all in 2.5 hours in the pool ... think I shall be speaking to Wiggle and trying to get another set of clear lenses.

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Having been looking for a pair of googles for a while ( good ones), i've taken your advise and bought these, they arrived today.

I have swim clinic tonight so will test them and update incase anyone else is looking.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    mmmm.... and free with a subscription![:)]
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    ha,

Missed a trick there.