Home Chat General Chat

Is too much Soreen a bad thing?

13»

Comments

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    As a starter for 10, other fruitcakes don't get their own cycling jersey.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Is there some reason why malt loaf is better than other types of fruitcake?

Well, have you won any major triathlon national or international championships with your 'other' type of fruitcake yet? Mmmm?

Exactly. Case proven.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Malt loaf & fruit cake comparison? An apple can never be an orange.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    It's made basically of the same stuff though, flour, fruit and sugar, just no eggs in malt loaf I think. Nutritionally would be of similar composition I would have thought? [:D]
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Public service broadcast

Soreen is now 50% extra free in sainsburys!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    just caught other half raiding my supply and putting cream cheese on it - uuuuggggghhhhh[:-]
  • I love Soreen, but I didn't think it was good for athletes. I will definitely be buying it this week.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Soreen question:

Original style or any of those new-fangled "alternative" flavors they have... The original has always done me so well that I'd be hard pressed to imagine them improving it in any way. Opinions?

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Dont go changing!

Keep it original and you will go far!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    Just downed a couple of slices - thickly sliced, toasted with cream cheese...wow that's the best topping to date [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m16.gif[/image]

Beats my previous fave - toasted with smooth organic peanut butter, yummy but a bit sticky.

There is still a place for the traditional old skool - chunk, untoasted with lashings of Lurpak butter.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    happytribunny wrote:

anyone know if its stocked in ireland? i've checked tesco but couldn't find it...

I've seen it in Ireland (although I'm in the north). If not, you could try Veda which is not bad - more like the poor cousin really. Almost like Soreen without the fruit. Oops - might be blaspheming there...fruitless Soreen is a bit of a travesty. Maybe try pushing a few raisins into it...[;)]

• Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    Tried ASDA smartprice maltloaf - Gopping!!! - It tasted of fish!

• SamRSamR Posts: 19
    I just popped to my local Tesco and was pleased to find soreen are 2 for £1 at the moment so I've stocked up.

I've already finished the first loaf though, and i've been home less than 3 hours!

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    This thread seems to be bumped down abit lately,so has anyone tried liquid soreen in the form of Supermalt drink.One bottle of 330ml gives you 50g of carbs,2.6g of protein,nil fat and 210Kcal,which is a lovely refreshing recovery drink,costs about 70p a bottle or can.