Home Chat General Chat

Nerves - why?!

JulesJules Posts: 987
I'm starting to get nervous about the duathlon I'm doing on Sunday - my first race of the season. It's so annoying! I'm not going to win, nowhere near, not even just in my age-group. So why am I nervous?!

I'm trying to think calm thoughts [:D]

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Jules, its natural and a sign of how much it means to you (and that's a good thing)!

Have you been dreaming at all? Last two nights now i have had dreams of triathlon!!!!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    It's not nerves ... it's anticipation and excitement [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m11.gif[/image]

They feel the same, a tiny bit of nerves is good the rest is definitely excitement - you'll have a great race.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Jules

To be feeling nerves is having proper respect for the event you are about to do. Cash in on them and use the adrenaline they produce to drive you through the race.

Good luck and we look forward to a full race report here after!
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    I'm starting to get nervous about the duathlon I'm doing on Sunday - my first race of the season. It's so annoying! I'm not going to win, nowhere near, not even just in my age-group. So why am I nervous?!

I'm trying to think calm thoughts

I get the same feelings Jules - before i worked them out they used to hinder me (meetings/other sports) but now i love that feeling. It'll make you perform better!

If you didn't have them it wouldn't be the same would it!! [:D]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Nerves before the race is good.. it's all part of the adrenaline build up. Not sure about two days out though [;)].

Anyway, go through your race visualisation. You've done it before - so rehearse each bit - how you will be feeling etc. Think about the climbs, entry into transition etc.

It's calming, and a productive use for the nervous energy.

Weather forecast looks good for Sunday!

Good luck, and hope you get a minute or two off your course best!
  • meakiemeakie Posts: 124
    good luck jules, rootin for ya [:)]