Home Chat General Chat

official nominated 220 forum race...

I've been thinking about posting this for a while..

I think we should nominate a race (or couple of races/distances) where we could plan to enter for an 220 forum members meeting.

I know it is probably too late now as a lot of us have already planned the season.. but perhaps there still is time at the back end of the season or perhaps we could look at planning early for next year?

If we were organised enough we could almost to a 220 wave at an event, we are doing a club wave at the Dorney 1/2 Olympic in May, I suspect other events might let us...

It might be an idea to suggest a smaller, more local race, as this would probably be cheaper??

Thoughts anyone?

Scotty

Comments

• I like the idea Scott. But, as you say, my season is now planned and the missus is already asking if I have any weekends left this summer. I work every other weekend, so to be honest, I dont have that many left and I think I will be homeless if I book any more.

If we could arrange something for early to mid season next year I would definitely be interested.
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    This is one hell of a great idea......................... but my calendar is as full as I want it approaching IMUK. [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m14.gif[/image]

Having said that. Something September time would be sweet as a nut. Failing that a full 220 forum series in 2010 would have me splashing the cash faster than Conehead in his favourite bike shop pre-IM 2006!!!! (Just finished reading your book - lovin your work).
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I like the idea. Would we all wait at the end and finish together in the spirit of the forum?

I might 'accidently' ride off on Conehead's bike after T1. Assuming I'm out of the water first, of course...
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I think you've been drinking too much Red Bull Conehead!

Great idea Scott, but as above season already laid out and don't think my misses would appreciate another weekend lost to the triathlon gods.

Next year though I would definitely be interested. And I'm not averse to travelling oop north either! I've got a few family that way (from the midlands) and would be good to see their latest pigeons and whippets.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Sounds like fun to me but later in the season or early next year. Maybe us Dorset women (including honorary Dorset Woman) could travel up together in a harem - I mean convoy, strung together by our smileys.......

Seriously tho, I would be up for it if we could work out timing
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I totally love the idea. I'm from Scotland and have been looking to do an event down south for a while.

Its just knowing which one to chose.

As per the Gary Roberts tribute thread, we should all get our t-shirts printed and then everyone knows who everyone else is, possibly with the exceptions of the following:

Scott Burrows - I guess we'll know who he is with the colours on show!!

Gary Roberts - He has a hand growing out of his shoulder and sucks his thumb!!

Just joking...

Honestly I would love to be part of the 220 race so that I could faces to names.

Lets make this a reality.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I'd definately be up for something like this, and if i get a weekend away somewhere (even oop north) that should help placate the GATwoman - it certainly did with the Paris half marathon this year. Although Scarborough may not have the same effect as Paris?!?!?!?
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Not sure it's practical sadly!
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    Hey,

Ill travel over from Ireland.. It would have to be the end of the season though as my summer months are hectic.

Great Idea.

:)

IK
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    scott_burrows wrote:
    ...we are doing a club wave at the Dorney 1/2 Olympic in May

Which club?
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    Great idea, you can count me in. I would prefer a late season race if it is this year and I am not bothered about location!
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I might 'accidently' ride off on Conehead's bike after T1. Assuming I'm out of the water first, of course...

I hear rumours that the Black Bomber has fingerprint recognition on the bars so I don't think you'll get far.

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    If I can get the time off I could make Stafford,but if only 2 of us turn up will it be turned into a 'Microwave'.

As Conehead has been good enough to speak to the organisers,then all that is needed is a date,as it is said,'If you build it they will arrive' or similar,but if we umm and arrgh about a date then it will disappear into the ether like the 220 forum tri club that everyone was keen on last year.Great idea Scott.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    great idea scott...i'd be up for it...even been up norf a few times and the nosebleeds weren't that bad!...would prefer end of season or next year but count me in!

• OK. Just a suggestion, there is a Sprint Tri at Mallory Park at the beginning of May. How about we look at doing this next year.

The reasons:

1. Its in Leicester which is probably the most central place for most people on this forum.

2. Its a sprint, so that caters for everybody.

3. I know its not till next year but then those that already have plans for this year are not disappointed.

4. The bike course is on the race circuit, so theres no traffic.

5. Its a reasonable sized event with a maximum entry of 300.

And from what I'm reading about this years race, its held on the bank holiday monday. Dont know how this helps!?!?!?!?!

Any thoughts.................
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Aah yes, the 220 Forum tri club and the prospects of massive attendance at various events.... we even had some good ideas (ahem) for the team t-shirt:

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=16826&mpage=2&#17638

I think that if we all made much more use of the 'Events' section of this forum life would be easier. For instance, maybe I should post a 'Who's doing Winchester Sprint on Sunday?' over there.
  • hell yeah!! ar man im loving the idea of this. as long as i can get to the place on train i'll be in!! secondly timing wise for me this year im totally full up with races this season until september. so maybe really late season event or next year?? it looks like lots are in the same posish.

that would be fab though!!

bopomofo -we should def get some of those t shirts printed! x
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Id definately be up for this, there was talk a few months ago about a budget tri, crap bikes, green flash and baggy swim shorts etc which would be a laugh but impossible to arrange unless i win the lotto!

Could we start a thread or poll for those seriously interested with preferred locations or ability to travel etc so we could put some ideas together?

Dorney would be a decent location but then i would say that as i live on the doorstep!!!!![:D]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Count me in too. [:D]

• Hi guys & girls

I've had a quick look.. what about this sprint Tri on 4th October.

http://85.13.222.130/~galeforc/event5.htm

It's in Bedford, from what I understand, that's up north somewhere[:D]

it's only £34 and it looks quite a smaller local event...

being in October hopefully it will be after most of most of our season have concluded.

it's a pool swim so shouldn't put any newbies/rookies off.

Any thoughts??
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    i'm up for it scott,...........count me in as long as we get a good turn out from others
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I'm up for it Scott, and my son. Have rellies in Northampton so can shack up with them the night before. Perfect...
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    I'm up for it. Bedford's good for me. although could prob make stafford.

Also got relatives in northampton -although they smoke about 40 fags a day - the house has a smokey mist in it - so not sure its the best pre-race preparation [:D]
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    bugger, i have a half mara on the week scott suggested and my first standard distance the week conhead suggested. So crap it would have been great to do one.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Definately up for this, biut as ive said to overlord conehead it would be better to pick one event and go for it. If Mr cone knows people running an event and we ca get our own wave with timing etc then i think this is the way forward, us southerner could just charter a jumbo for the weekend and fly up for it?