Home Chat General Chat

Hirnig of wetsuits

JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
I am going to have a shot at a mini tri in Bedford. It caters for people who have never really tried an open water or as in this case a river swim.

My question is. I am thinking of hiring a wetsuit for this. Is that a good idea, or are there some horror stories of bad fitting suits, or not suits that you can't get off in transition. Should I spend god knows how many hundreds a fitted suit?

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    JasonB - they always say its best to try before you buy but I hired mine without trying and its so far cool

www.triuk.com - asked of height weight and chest then set out a suit with a note about fitting and informing me to swim in it before deciding its 2 small I guess they stretch or summat

• JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Thanks for that.

So roughly how much does it cost, and how long can you keep it for? I must admit I would like to try and test one before even considering buying it.

• Got mine from same place about £30ish pluss £100 deposit whch you get back if undamaged. Fitted well and all they took was height and weight. Arrived next day!
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    yep thats about it.... if you want to keep the wet suit all you have to do is tell em and they'll keep the deposit and thats it job done...