Home Chat General Chat

Where would your dream ride be?

I've only ever gone for long rides in my local area Wiltshire & Somerset, but would love to do an epic ride.

After spending a week in the Pyrenees a couple of years ago I would love to tackle the Col du Tourmalet and just cruise around the area,

What would be your dream ride? or have you been lucky enough to do it?

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    What would be your dream ride?

Kiera Knightley
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    You favour control over comfort? Or just believe that lightest weight leads to the best performance, regardless of impact.

I've never tried that particular model, or heard of the keira brand. I suspect a fitting would be in order - perhaps get someone to video it for analysis.

Whoops! Misunderstood, Thought this thread was about shoes. Not Rides.

Not found my best ride yet. But I am fortunate enough to have some great ones on my doorstep.

I spent my youth in Somerset - had some nice routes over the Mendip, I seem to recall. However, nothing to compare with up here in Yorkshire!
  • iangriffiangriff Posts: 48
    Like your train of thought BOPO, though i must agree with Jack long rides on the flat not really my thing.[&:]
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    You guys prefer hills then...? [;)]
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    I prefer massive hills personally!!!!! [;)]

But cycling wise i did a 65 mile yesterday on a route that although didnt have any nose bleed steep climbs there was a ten mile stretch that was a constant selection of small step inclines which i found just hammered me! so although i would love to tackle the great climbs of le tour de france and am going to france to train in the next few weeks i really dont think im ready for that yet!!!!!

If anyone does live around the windsor way ive got a great route ive stumbled across
  • trevtritrevtri Posts: 39
    im with bopo on this one keira , cameron Diaz and Kylie together wud be good for stamina training
  • trevtritrevtri Posts: 39
    il have to retract that last statement lol wife just read the post and wont let me go out to play on my bike tommorow unless i apologise
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    ive riden them and there shite so dont worry.

I like the idea of lanzarote or similar place thats hot and flat.

I can do hills, but there is nothing like head down trying to get a good speed up keeping it there.

Would love to do a weeks training in the sun tho, bet you could trim a few pounds in no time ( not that losing weight is a motivation)
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    I would like to say Kona on a windless day,but the devil will go to work on ice skates before that happens.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    it doesn't matter where physically, but in my head its a ride where i feel full of power without getting tired and feel like i could go forever. A ride where hills are enjoyable and the sun shines on your back, where the wind is always behind you and the roads are smoother than silk.

You know?
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    This one: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Boucle-de-Mejean.

Will be doing this in a couple of weeks - if I'm back on my feet/pedals.

blurredgirl