Home Chat General Chat

want to share the pain?

2»

Comments

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    I fell for the first time at the weekend. Cycling slowly past my house waving at the kids. Forgot I was clipped in and ended up in the front garden. I think I laughed more than they did.

Wella
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Advice:

For the love of god ensure the tension setting is at it lowest. It can be quiet comical watching someone (ie. me) trying to disengage forgetting they need to be moving to stay balanced, realising they are going to fall, trying even harder to disengage and then looking resigned because its all gone horribly pete tong.

There are many moments in my life I'm grateful there wasnt some sod with a camcorder. I would have been done for manslaughter by now otherwise...
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] Don't know if I'm looking forward to it or dreading it...!!!

Your stories made me laugh tho![:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Yeah, it happened to me last week. Coming back from a long ride, head down, absolutely knackered on a cycle path to avoid the rush-hour traffic; looked up to realise the path had become overgrown by hedge, couldn't stop, disengaged left cleat only to realise I couldn't reach the ground at the side of the pavement - only one option: threw myself in the hedge. Still got the scars from the thorns on my right shoulder. People stuck in cars thought it was hilarious!

Anyway, here's the link for me on my bike at Mansfield. Don't know why I'm pulling such a funny face, my only excuse was I'd just come up a hill... ho hum!

http://www.revolutionimages.co.uk/search_results1.php?p_dir=Mansfield_Tri_Bike&img=bike_209.jpg&event=Mansfield_Tri_Bike

Glenn.
  • peterparkypeterparky Posts: 59
    Hi Guys

Just a word of caution on those cleats as i sit here with a fractured arm - not a scratch on the bike though well chuffed about that. Should be ok in a couple of weeks -

Anyway some more scary photos to look (laugh) at taken at the Sussex Tri in Ardingly.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/urbanrace/3155552

IMG 0347 0r pic 30

IMG0329 Or pic 17

Have fun

Ian

Cenzo, you want me to share the pain?

I think pain is etched across my face on the photo below. No official photo's avaiable yet but this one was taken by Mrs W about a minute after I'd finished.

Don't laugh too much.

[image]local://319/57F4E1D5FC004F13BC04E9B1A88B68F8.jpg[/image]
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    Quality Wella, now you know how it feels, I hope you loved it?

Nice type a Saucony's by the way, kept you fleet footed I hope?

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    glad your type a's worked better than mine did !!!!
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    I need to try harder next time...wella your pain appears to make mine look like a small tickle
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    sam i would love to help ease your pain mate but i am a nurse ...........not a midwife..........[:D]
    I must admit the glaring sun in my eyes didn't help but for expression stayed the same for about 5 minutes. Who was it that said 'pain is temporary'?

Will try and improve my grimace at this weekends race and of course I'll oblige with an updated photo for your amusement.

Still waiting for the official finish line photo. Apparently I'm still running.