Home Chat General Chat

Skins Compression Socks

GGGG Posts: 82
1000 mile for me. Never been that taken with Skins. Spend too much on advertising, and not enough on product quality in my book.

Comments

• GGGG Posts: 82
    I have been using some Hilly compression socks for the last few months. Got used to them and think their great.

I decided that if things were good with the Hillys I should tri out a pair of Skins. To be honest they dont feel as tight around the calf even though i went a size smaller than the sizing chart reccomended. I had a quick flit around the block and 4.5 miles in i noticed they were slipping down. [:o]

Anyone else found them a bit loose?

GG

Think your spot on there Jack.

Just noticed their flashy branding on one of these socks is comming away. Not good for 35 mins use.

DOWN WITH SKINS!

GG

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I have 1000 mile socks also, but a friend of mine bought some skins as my results from the 1000 mile ones had been so good. She tried them out in a race (big mistake) and they fell down.
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    I have a pair of skins calf guards size M they are OK the only thing I didnt like was the stirrup rubbing underneath the sole of my foot but I now put the stirrup loose behind my ankle and have no problems like this.

I was given a pair of 2XU calf gurds in size S and these are much better and amuch tighter fit. Have raced in these and will use them for Ironman this year.

For run training 60 mins and above I use the Nike long sock the type Paula Radcliffe wears These are really good but take about 5 minutes to get on so would be no good for Triathlon.
    Think I may of been a little hasty in my comdenation of skins at the weekend.

Rocked up to intervals this evening, ran ruddy bloddy well, they gave me support and i felt as felt cool as kim deal.

They did attract allot of mockery from the "non belivers" though [:)]

GG