Home Chat General Chat

second one in

Good luck. You'll smash that PB. At least three minutes!!

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    [:)]

Ok so tomorrow I've got my second tri and I'm really looking forward to it.

My main aim is to beat my last time which was kinda poor but I made so many newby mistakes (conehead book on order!!) that I've got to be in with a shout of making it.

I felt really tired in the legs during the week but they seem fine now so here's hoping!!
    I'm aiming for 5 off it and I'm really hoping so

thanks, mucho appreciated...
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Damn. I put 5 first, then changed it to 3 as I didn't want to pressure you too much. Actually, you'll knock 7 off it. With a really really strong bike section.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    lol

I wish i was racing tomorrow....just can't wait!!!!!!

Good luck!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Good luck!! You'll smash it and be on a high for WEEKS!
  • good luck! and post back - let us know how it goes! x
    What a blast....took 4 mins off my PB and I've just found out that the my first tri the bike section was only 18k and not 20k so my pb would've been better... so pleased.

All in all was a very good day was run well and was really happy. Swim section took 4 mins of my time, now doing 750m is 15min which I thought was good.

Bike section..... hmmm the route took me up what I can only describe as the biggest bloody hill I've ever seen. It was so hard I had to stop as I was taking an asthma attack. It then took me 5min to recover but after that I blitzed it. A man who was out the pool way before me was caught and overtooken and I loved it. It felt great overtaking rather than getting overtook.

The run, well I had put so much into the bike that I nearly had nowt left for the run but I pushed on and came in with a pb.

I was sp knacked, I had to get a massage on the hamstrings afterwards but I truely loved every minute of that tri.

Honestly, for me everything just clicked.....

roll on next one, 10th may.

nice one shadowone1........you did good......
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Well done,but when you overtook the man did you look back,smile and nonchalantly say ''well done,almost there'',then accelerate into the distance.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    good for you mate, its great when you here people smashing the times they did before gives good confidance so i might be able to do it too.

well done
    did you look back,smile and nonchalantly say  ''well done,almost there'',then accelerate into the distance.

lol
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Superb!

Now - think back to "Heavy Legs - Heavy Heart" and see how well you've done. Take a lot from this one, you've done very well indeed.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Honestly, for me everything just clicked.....

roll on next one, 10th may.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Love hearing stories like this!!

Your not doing stratford on 10th are you?
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Woo Hoo!!!!! Well done Shadowone1!!!

Have you come back down to earth yet??? You must be so chuffed-well done again
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Nice one Shadoweone1 - great result :D

(2 weeks to my first one) ;) ...

• jacjac Posts: 452
    Well done shadowone - worth giving those legs a rest last week!

Onwards and upwards!
    [quote]ORIGINAL: jon.E

Well done,but when you overtook the man did you look back,smile and nonchalantly say ''well done,almost there'',then accelerate into the distance.

[/quote

Strangely enough I had decided that there was no excuses in this one, the weather was great, the course was great, my swim time had improved and there was no way I was letting myself down on the bike. It was then I saw the guy who was prob a good mile and a bit in front of me and I went for it. The red stallion was going like hell and it was soon I caught him.

When I went past him I kept pulling away from him and I was sooo smiling to myself that I had said well done outloud!!! I was stopped in my tracks by people on horses and tractor trying to overtake them so I lost momentum. I soon picked my pace back up and got to T2 (which could've been better time wise) and then went out on the run. As I had put a lot into the cycle it took me a good few k to recover but the second lap of the run was good. Strangely enough I felt the same way in my first tri.

My hamstrings are soo bloody tight today and I never took the day off work so I'm going to have to grin and bear it today.....

What I will say is thanks to all those who recommended resting the legs well before the tri.... a piece of advice to newbies like me, take stock of a proper tapering I have just realised the importance of it.

Am I back down to earth.....not a chance. Next one 10th may aiming for another 5min of pb.....

Steven

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Nice work man, and great times!

Must admit to a twinge of envy... I'm getting so twitchy for my first tri it's ridiculous!