Home Chat General Chat

Locations of Potnetial Club Members

The idea behind this post is for those of us interested in organising a club to simply list their location. Nothing more. I'll maintain this first post with everyones location, thus giving us an easy way to get an overview of peoples locations.

BonusB = Reigate - Surrey

Jazdog = Inverness - Scotland

Wella = Broxbourne - Herts.

Craig75 = Church Crookham - Hampshire/Surrey border

pacrfish = Notts/Derby/Leics border (aka Junction 24 of M1)

Rew = Billericay - Essex

Madnurse = Cheshire

Ian Ogborn = Haywards Heath - West Sussex

AB = Basingstoke - Hampshire

jojo = NW London - Mill Hill

loonytoon = Coventry

Meado = Herts - Welwyn Garden City

rollo = West Hanney - Oxfordshire

DOtriHarder = Chichester - Bognor Regis, West Sussex

Cenzo = Enfield - Middx

JasonB = Stowmarket - Ipswich - Suffolk

Happygilmoure = Staines - Middlesex

PC67 = Queen's Park - London

Comments

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    Wella = Broxbourne (Herts.)
  • craig75craig75 Posts: 21
    Craig75 = Church Crookham (Hampshire/Surrey border)
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    pacrfish - Notts/Derby/Leics border (aka Junction 24 of M1)
  • RewRew Posts: 62
    Rew=Billericay, Essex
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    cheshire !!!!!!!!! no i aint posh [:D]
  • ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    Ian Ogborn. Haywards Heath West Sussex
  • Basingstoke - Hampshire
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    NW London - Mill Hill
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Only 3 north of Watford Gap then! If you took me out of the equation where would the centre point be (Oxford ish?)?
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Coventry
  • MeadoMeado Posts: 17
    Herts, Welwyn Garden City
  • rollorollo Posts: 25
    West Hanney, Oxfordshire

(nr Wantage / Abingdon)
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Chichester, Bognor Regis West Sussex

David
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    Enfield, Middx
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Stowmarket - Ipswich - Suffolk
  • Staines, MIddlesex
  • So how about an end of season get together to celebrate the year? Seems like quite a few people have really got into tri this year and it would give us a chance to discuss a team for next year?
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    would the wknd of the london tri be an option for a meet up - say after the races on the sunday ... as most people live south-ish & for us northern peeps it could combine both at once ...... ???

just an idea

mad
  • RewRew Posts: 62
    there's a nice chinese resturant right next door to the regatta centre. You have to pass it to get to excel car park. Table for 42 please!!!
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Based in Queen's Park, London NW6.

Local pool is Jubilee Centre, Caird Street off Harrow Road. Sometimes use Hampstead Heath Lido. I've never tried the ponds - watching "In the Line of Beauty" on TV recently suggested that maybe the users have different intentions than triathlon training!

I cycle in & out of work daily but if I'm doing any proper training in London I usually just lap around Regent's Park.

Would be happy to join a regular swimmig group above all else. With 2 very young kids training & social time is very scarce.

PC.

• jojojojo Posts: 76
    Hi PC

Just read your message - re Hampstead Ponds - do you know if we're able to use them for open water swims with wet suits etc etc.

I'm also North London and its hard to find any decent places to practice open water swimming - but your suggestion re hampstead made me think. Is it a big lake - I can't picture it even though I know the area well.

JoJo
  • RE get together at London Tri - sadly am away on hols with the family - maybe later in the year somewhere midway?
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    I couldn't make the London tri either, so I'm with AB on that.
    Hi Jojo, as far as I know training in the ponds in a wetsuit is no problem. I've no idea of the opening hours though I do know that there was a big furore from London corporation about the cost of lifeguards etc, but in the end the swimming lobby won out & the ponds have been kept open. I'm not sure if a compromise had to be agreed curtailing opening times though. On a hot day the ponds are usually full I think, but on a more typical London day I think they're quiet enough.

On telly recently, during a news feature on the heatwave, they showed big crowds sunbathing beside the Hyde Park Sepentine. It looked like this was "swimmable in". Get some first hand experience for London 2012 race day!!
    Jojo,

Opening times & prices here:

[color=#800080]http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8F303C61-5B9C-4B0E-A2FE-5B3763808FD7/0/HHswim0606.pdf[/color]

I'm sure there are photos on google etc.

They're quite big. The ladies pond is hidden from view but there's another which you can walk past - not sure if it's the male only or mixed pond. My recollection is that it's easily 100m long. Any Saturday afternoon I've walked past it's been unused. It might be worth calling London Corporation to find out more.

The Lido is great though very full on a hot day. It closes too early for me though, even during June/July/August. 6pm I think. I start work at 7.30am so early morning doesn't work either.

Here's me talking like I'm a swimming know-it-all. I'm totally crap and have only done 1500m twice in my life: 47 mins in Dublin in '98 and 34 mins at Windsor last month (32 mins 50 secs in the water though!).
  • pdundepdunde Posts: 99
    pdunde = Phil Dunderdale - Preston (lancashire) / Taunton (somerset)
  • n1ck bn1ck b Posts: 27
    Northampton

Hoping to move up to Oly next year after 3 in sprint distance
  • CenCen Posts: 10
    Would be interested if this is still going on. Live in Romford (Essex).

• BonusB hi,

Lukey Boy=Eastbourne, East Sussex

Luke
  • Ben_haston: wigston,leicester