Home Chat General Chat

Weight loss or same same?

Well I havent lost any weight for about 5 months now. I got down to a small 11 stone 6 and have stayed there since. If the wind blows hard I cant go out for fear of being blown away.

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Theres the good old weight loss thread still running but has anyone NOT lost any weight while training?
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Not seen the previous thread, but I started my training last July and just completed my first Tri on 05th April - Lost over 5 stone through training gone from being 19.5 to just over 14 I am 6ft 2in so I am trying hard to shift the last 14lbs, quite a struggle this last bit though......
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    My biggest problem is training my mouth to stay shut when there's food around.....
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Pretty much stayed the same
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I hit my first target weight today!!!!!

11 stone, or 70kg for you weird metric geeks. being 6'1 that makes my BMI just over 20.

My final goal is 10.5 stone, giving me a BMI of 19 and hopefully making me lightening on the run!
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Jesster wrote:

Theres the good old weight loss thread still running but has anyone NOT lost any weight while training?

After dropping off 8 lbs right around January, I've been stuck at 180 for the last two months. I wanted to get down 174-176 for racing and its just not happening... Fat is leaving but total weight stays the same. Boo to bulky muscle.

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    ...or the invisible man!
  • my biggest trouble is maintaining weight i lose it when i am trying to put it on

Andy

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I have lost about all the weight am allowed to ;) ... am 5'7" and weigh in at 70KG (11 stone) - (fluctuates between 69 and 71kg) - If I lost any more weight my misses would divorce me. August last year I was almost 13 stone and got down to about 11 stone by January this year and stayed reasonably the same since.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    TommiTri wrote:

I hit my first target weight today!!!!!

11 stone, or 70kg for you weird metric geeks. being 6'1 that makes my BMI just over 20.

My final goal is 10.5 stone, giving me a BMI of 19 and hopefully making me lightening on the run!

That sounds a bit low for Tri! What is your body fat percentage?

Great for running - but you'll probably get blown off the bike, and mistaken for a towel in the swim [:)]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Loosing weight. But it all depends were you start from.

BMI of 26+ and a Body Fat Percentage of 24... I had to go down.

Body fat percentage is now around 14 or 15 (at 11st10lbs, it was just about to hit 13.5%).

I suspect that I need to loose a bit more fat for what will be pretty optimum for me. If I can get out on the bike I will probably get down to this. My "ideal" weight is probably between 11st and 11.5st - depending on how much muscle I need. Had got down to 11st 10lb, but easter binging + no exercise through injury have meant that I've shot back up to over 12st. This will have to go.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    So much the same for years..& I know how this sounds...I don't even bother leaping on scales, anymore (so how do I know its the same then?).