Home Chat General Chat

GOOD running store Near Telford

I'm in need of a decent running store that will look at my running and advise/sell me shoes.

Can anyone recommend (from good personal experience) a good running store near telford (or at least within 100 miles)!

My future depends on it!

Comments

• Gary,

Starter for 10...but I haven't used personally so can't recommend, but you could consider these in Stoke if all else fails.....

sub4:

http://www.sub-4.co.uk

Bourne Sports

http://www.bournesports.com

Just a thought.....

TripeHound
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I was about to say bourne Sports in Stoke....

Its an awesome shop, sells everything you need for running and more plus they do gait analysis for free!!! and you dont even have to buy from them to get it done, just turn up and ask for it.

They got me running in a neutral pair of trainers video'd me, then put me in a pair of trainers with more stability control, video'd again compared and what a difference in foot plant etc.... then they video'd me in another pair with even more stability control and they ended up being the trainers I use now....

Its about a 2min drive from the A500 in Stoke (main dual carrageway through stoke from J15 of M6)

Give me a bell if your coming up mate and we can do some training or something!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Thanks chaps, looks like Bourne is the one then.

I'll definitely be paying a visit, i did get some analysis before the current trainers but the young guy who looked after me didn't fill me with confidence. Now i have all manner of leg issues....its driving me MAD.

Jase, i'll give you a shout when i plan to pop in.

G
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Birmingham Runner is pretty good, video you on treadmill, & go from there.

Tri 1st in Harbourne are pretty good, but no video.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I am usually warming the settee in Tri 1st on any given Sat afternoon, if you pop in, let me know. Its recovery time.....honestly.