Home Chat General Chat

cycle leg

I'm not an expert but some of the guys on here are. pending replies, why not check out past threads on the subject. you'll find loads!!

Comments

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    intervals seem to be working for me. Intensity over volume! With one long ride a week.

Good luck.
  • osgurosgur Posts: 11

just completed 1st sprint tri , amazing experience - another one in a month, 20k cycle took me 42 mins. looking at other times on results this is where I fell down in a big way. Any suggestions to what training I can do in the next month. Is it just a case of getting out on the bike 3/4 times a week and doing long distances or should I be doing shorter faster cycles ?

all advice greatly appreciated. any useful links welcome also.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Interval work is a very good start.

I find that doing intervals on the road can be a bit hit and miss sometimes as the point to intervals are to work at 100% for your given interval. Doing this on the road could end up with you under the wheels of a car. If you have a turbo-trainer these are fantastic for doing super high intensity interval work on as you can just go mental on it without fear of swerving all-over the place!!

A good interval workout can be found on the SPINERVALS DVDs, these can be found in various online stores (total fitness nottingham, Sigma sports etc...) and its what I use twice a week for a tough 60min interval session.

The DVDs I have are, No slackers (50min), TT special (65min) and Have mercy (120min).

These kind of sessions (if done properly) will see your bike splits drop like a stone, they did mine!!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    you can always spend lots of cash on a black carbon bike with red flashes on.

That'll speed you up no end.