Home Chat General Chat

Sleepy head

Hi all you night-owls / training machines / tri-gods

I find myself going to bed increasingly early. what time do people tend to turn in for the night during the week?? I know its quarter past nine now but this is a late night for me, I'm usually in bed by nine!! I don't think I've really done that much since I was like, twelve.

Also what time do people leave work? Although I get in early after my swim I leave at five on the dot to get home get some food before my evening training... what do you guys do??

x

Comments

• Yep, its way past my bedtime. Im normally in bed by 9.

I love bed![:)][:D]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    10pm for me! So to be up at at 6. I plan it for a full 8 hours. But invariably wake at 4 or 5 because I am rubbish at sleeping.

• Nytol one-a-night is brilliant. I cant live without it. I have cut it down to half a night [;)]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    I need 8 hours, anything less and i'm knackered the day after, trouble is i'm terrible at actually getting tucked in!

This week i'll be prioritising sleep.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    cantdoitbutwilltri wrote:

Nytol one-a-night is brilliant. I cant live without it. I have cut it down to half a night [;)]

i do that too, i wonder if there is a link.

Do u drink alot of coffee ?

As for the op, bed by ten every night, normally up and on way to work or pool by 7, and eat through the day, little and often.

Then have large carb loaded dinners

• sometimes when im on the verge of overtraining, i can feel my heart beat as im trying to sleep. especially if i put my ear to the pillow.

then it takeshours to fall asleep , and when i get up i am fucked tired.

vicious.

also the constant trips to the toilet, which im putting down to the fact that im stripping bodyfat at a good rate.

im not sleeping good realy.

ayecarumba.
  • Nytol tablets for you then.....
    godluvsatrier wrote:
    I find myself going to bed increasingly early. what time do people tend to turn in for the night during the week?? I know its quarter past nine now but this is a late night for me, I'm usually in bed by nine!! I don't think I've really done that much since I was like, twelve.

Just a thought GLaT - have you had a check for anaemia recently? If you find you are tired - and more than you would expect to be, it's worth checking!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Bed between 12 and 1 - up at 7 - at work for 8, leave about 5.30 to 6, home for 6 to 6-30.

I really need to sort my sleep out - never get enough.

• Jack - no I haven't been tested for that. I don't think I've been to the docs this year yet actually. Perhaps I should go and ask him. I do feel quite tired, sort of midday then zonked out usually by half eight with yesterday being the exception, but I had put it down to training. x

• Hey...that sounds like me! Im a gonna by lunchtime too. During the easter hols I often had an afternoon sleep. Back at work now though [:(].

My tiredness is definately not through too much training though. Had a blood test ages ago but nothing showed up.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    At the moment I find that i feel tired all the time, physically but it is worse after a rest day. I find that I can't sleep as well on my rest days as i do the rest of the time, which isn't great to start with. I think i'm going to have to try some nytol or something myself. Just tell me it'll stop the dull ache the i have in my quads or the slight back ache i develop the day after a long bike ride
  • Im a software developer..i dont sleep

i usually lie down between 3 and 7 though.

• ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    i got up at 6 this morning, bed @11 last night... first morning training ever!!!... slept from 8-9 on train to work though ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Up at 6.20 - 6.45

Either have a swim or straight to work.

Bed by 9.30 / 10pm (although i do have a nap in a broom cupboard at for 35/40mins 2/3 times a week.

Sleeping so much more with all increased training....
    I always get up at 6am. If I get up any earlier, it disturbs the dog. And he needs his sleep.

Might do an early morning swim - don't always have a session.

Would go for a run if I could.

Possibly cycling to work if I'm feeling brave/well insured.

Might use the turbo if I think I can do it without making the dog or the missus howl.

Probably only have a training session at this time two or three times a week.

Although I was up at 4am this morning to get to the centre of London for < 9am.

Looking for Willtri's cupboard now - hope he's left some room for me.
    I can rent it out for one soreen loaf per hour [:D]

If it's sliced i suppose I could do it by the minute!!
    It'll need to be sliced to get the pieces under the cupboard door.

You should see them coming through shortly...
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    I'm usually in bed by 12 ish. Up at 6.45 if I'm swimming.

Sleeping a lot better since I cut my coffe down from 4-5 a day to just one in the morning though.

I work on my own in an office away from the rest of the company so I could have a sneaky nap if needed, or relax and spend say 20 mins reading a book by some Conedome bloke which arrived today [:)]
  • Usually dont go to bed before 11, but as I have only had six hours sleep (total) in the last three days, think it might be an early night tonight.
  • once again im up late!! whats happening?! haha. but this morn getting up at six was a total struggle!! love the pool in the morning though.

a sleep in a cupboard??? now thats a trick im missing!! Im sure I can find a cubby hole somewhere.. haha. x

p.s. bit warey of nytol - not that I need it - but maybe the body gets a bit reliant?? I dont know though..
    he're's my "City Crashpad"

Sorry "Luxury City Crashpad"

[image]local://3036/3BA3902F5BAE4C308BF41113D4750826.jpg[/image]