Home Chat General Chat

I've pulled off the unthinkable - Rookie Training days and Rookie Waves in races

Very well done! You're a star. A true star.

Comments

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    As is your wallet?!?!?! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

Oh to be a novice again just for these!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Bloody good work Conehead. Seriously. If there was an award for 220 forum member of the year then you'd definitely win... Well... Gary Roberts might give you a run for your money!

Would love to come to the training day if only I wasn't doing Eton on the same day! Especially as its near my old stomping ground of Uttoxeter.

And £60? A bleedin bargain mate. If it doesn't sell out I'll eat my shorts.

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Great work Conehead!

I'm really annoyed to be on hols at that time [:@]

as would have been great preperation for first open water in September...
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Really well done, Conehead! You've obviously put a lot of work into organising this.
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    fair play conehead.. wish there was something like that over here in Eire
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    [:D][:D]

Nice one dude...count me in......

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Looks great Conehead!

Shan't be able to make it myself due to plodding round the Chester 1/2 marathon that day [:(]
  • The application is with the CFO for approval..

hopeful as I don't remember having any oustanding WAT.. and it's payday on Friday :)

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I will have a serious look... But:

At the moment the idea of an "Open Water Swim" just makes me comanighttrain my pants. And that's not even my tri-suit - just ordinary pants.

I can't swim a 25m length front crawl without drowning.

I can't really breast stroke either.

I suppose if you threw me in, I would probably be able to get out... but I would head for the nearest landmass - regardless of course.

Now, a pool based tri in September, I can cope with. Mainly because I am unable to feel fear for anything > 3 months away!

• Gutted - that's 2 days after the National Emergency Services Triathlon in Nottingham and I'l be back home on nights!!!

Well done Conehead....amazing work :)
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    yipppeeeee no HAT for this one he's off SCUBA diving in Egypt so I don't even need to tell him[:D]

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    I am in full support of these days but you picked bad dates. Can't make either! [:(]
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I would if I could but I can't :( - too far for me ... what with the WAT on fuel/hotels/meals etc ;) .. Great work though

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    I'm guessing you've hacked into my diary and picked all the weekends I can't do, to spite me [:D].

Some of my of my previous commitments are actually not triathlon related which I know is very very bad of me.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    If only they weren't so far up north I'd book on one like a shot, the itinerary looks really good and I'm sure could really benefit the lousy attempt at transition I made at the weekend.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Top work Mr Roberts. Hope it all goes well.
    OK, I'll come to the OWS session, so long as I can wear the following, inflated to over 140psi (I'll need someone to tow me along with a piece of string though). Might just get over my nerves with this!

[image]local://2493/0FB4A1D17A014B778EE34865A3B13308.jpg[/image]
    Conehead wrote:

I'll get Ben Laws to tow you, good practice for him.

Excellent. We can get Happytofinish to inflate it with her CO2 cannisters (and possibly mend any punctures in it). Then afterwards, I can lend it to comanighttrain so that he can practise his "waste expulsion" techniques on the bike/run legs - it should give him the necessary integrity and privacy that he so desires.

I think we'll have got everyone's weak areas covered by then.

• RhinoRhino Posts: 13
    Conehead,

Sounds like a fantastic day and just what i was looking for.

Hoping to get to this as its only 30 mins from where i live.

Will check with the good lady tonight.

• ram_man79ram_man79 Posts: 15
    I'm defo booking on this day. I think you're underselling it for £59.99, is it right you get nearly £30 worth of free stash from your sponsors?
    so where are all the sign ups? So far only 3 of us[&o]
  • Conehead - I better come hadn't I!!

I'l check the diary and e mail you.

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Being totally selfish here, it would be nice to have only the three of us, but I don't understand why this isn't flooded with people by now! World class coaching advice, help with the practical stuff most people struggle to pick up themselves, and loads of free pruk. Is this a no-brainer or what?

What's wrong with people?
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Sorry Ronan you'll have to put up with another!

Not a rookie but as you say:

World class coaching advice, help with the practical stuff most people struggle to pick up themselves, and loads of free pruk.World class coaching advice, help with the practical stuff most people struggle to pick up themselves, and loads of free pruk.

See you there.

G
  • gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    These are great, and thanks so much to Conehead for all the hard yards in setting this up - Fantastic effort, thanks so much.

However, for me, it's a 3 hour drive, so what with the WAT would be the equivalent of flying to Mauritius. So no can do, sorry to say.

If you want, I might be able to help organize something further South for those of us poor people in this end of the country...
    those of you going on the 17th are any of you staying over somewhere? I'm coming up on Saturday as don't want to drive 3hrs+ and do the day -
  • scott_burrowsscott_burrows Posts: 381
    Moonshine, I'm thinking of coming up the night before, I haven't thought about B&B Yet.. as it's only just over a week perhaps I should!

Where you travelling from?

Scotty
    West Wales - plot is via Shrewsbury, Telford - was looking to camp but no where either near enough or only do 2 nights - may have to grit teeth and go for the travel lodge or premier inn options
    ta everso will check them out
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    I have just signed up and booked up the Travel Lodge @ Birmingham Walsall for £29. If anyone is staying the night before maybe we could meet up for a meal / drink???