Home Chat General Chat

What's your 'A' race???

The big IMUK on 2 August!!!

Real aim - Finish!

Secret Dream - Go sub 13 hours and not walk in circles talking to myself at any aid station! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Be interested to know what everyone's A races are this year and the times you're aiming for. From supersprints to all you ironmen (and women) out there.

So I'll kick this one off... Bala Standard Distance 13th September. Aiming for sub 3hours (gimme a break it's my first standard distance!)

Anyone else?
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Dorney Steel Man - aim is to go sub 2:30. Broke my 10k PB at the weekend so looking good so far.
  • Mine in Ironman UK 70.3. Though its not far off, so il probably have another A race later on in the season, havent decided which one yet. Would have liked to do the London Triathlon, but cant enter now. Anyone think of another race that i could do around that time in the London area?
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Flavadave wrote:

So I'll kick this one off... Bala Standard Distance 13th September. Aiming for sub 3hours (gimme a break it's my first standard distance!)

Anyone else?

Me too.

I am in France for a fortnight on holiday two weeks before though!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Plymouth olympic on the 12th of July. I'd love a sub 3 hour but in reality it'll probably be a bit more....

More training!!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Ilkley Triathlon in September.

If I learn to swim faster than expected, then I may find an earlier one AND

If I recovery from Injury faster than expected, then I may find an earlier one.

This is the first race I am planning at the moment... assuming I can get an entry!

I will probably have a crack at one of the Conehead's stafford waves if they all come off - esp. the forum wave!
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    Lanzarote Ironman - 4 weeks on saturday - fear does not do justice to my current feelings - am trying not to think about times although 12 hours would be nice.

• My A race for this year is the Liverpool Tri Olympic distance. First time at that distance so aim is to finish and maybe get under 3 hours. Feeling rather scared of the swim at the moment. Need to get some open water swims in....
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Ironman UK 70.3... My first race at that distance and it looks like it may be truely awful. My primary goal is to get off of the bike and not cry.

Second to that, swim in 45-46 minutes, and run in less than 1:40. Considering I can't bike on the hills really at all and there's not too long left to go, I'd be happy with a 3:30 bike.

The "everything perfect and stars align" goal would be a 5:30 finish.

I might add in another race, Monaco 70.3 or Antwerp 70.3 if Wimbleball doesn't ruin me for the year.

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Sprints this year want to go sub 1.15

So it can push me on for the ironman win next year.
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    Chichester Triathlon July 19th. 600m/42km/10km. Did the bike leg last year as part of a team event, so this year going the full hog!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    DAMBUSTER, I am gonna bust the sh*t out of the dam!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    doing my first sprint on 4th May...aiming for 1.5 hours...using this as a guide for the other sprints i've got lined up....hopefully i'll get better and not worse....umm time will tell
  • Couple of "A" Races for me really, IMUK70.3 in June, hopefully sub 5hr 45mins and the Antwerp 70.3 hopefully a sub 5hrs.

This will be my first season doing Middle distance triathlns with my first coming up in 26 days. A "c" race at the Marshman in Kent.
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    IMUK - sub 12hrs ... this is my S --T--R--E--T--C--H target, I'll be happy to finish in one piece.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    It's my first season - Newquay Sprint Tri in September - poss going to be my first open water swim (trying to fit a lake in first)....

It's in the sea which fills me with a decent amount of fear at the moment - plenty of time to get prepared though!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Hey Willtri, good idea to practice sea swimming before newquay sprint. in september the swell picks up and lusty glaze picks up the most of all the town beaches-could be a bit of a battle if its on! and i'll not comment on the steps up the cliff to T1....

Actually mate, i might just do it with ya!! lol
  • London and Windsor Oly - sub 3 hours (hopefully)

New Forest Middle Distance (end Sept) for a season finisher (sub 7hr 30??) why did I enter this in my 1st full season???

• Like Scotty Burrows, the New Forest 70.3 in September is my main race, but a couple of others that are up there are my Club champs, 24th May - Big Cow sprint and also the Eton Steelman (Oly distance) on 5th July.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I have two 'A' races this year....

First is Bala Middle in June as its the National Middle Distance Champs and im hoping for a top 15 finish a time of sub 4:20 with a shot at an age group top 3.

Second is the ETU Long Distance Championships in Prague, (4k swim, 120k bike, 30k run) Hoping for sub 6:45 and a top 5 Age Group and Top 35 Overall......

Just a small matter of getting my 4k swim down to 55 mins and my 30k run down to 2hrs.... Gona have to work hard between now and then! GULP:)
  • John DJohn D Posts: 11
    IMUK in August.

Did the longest day in 11 hrs 3 min in 2000. Yep, I'm aiming for 10 hr 59.... but seen the bike course profile!!

But as they say aim high
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    City of Bath olympic in July, target is sub-3h stretch target is 2h45 so somewhere in between will be nice.

Also want to beat my sprint pb at Rugby in August so if it all comes together on the day I WILL go under 1h09.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Two A races:

Blithfield Oly in July - first olympic distance for me. 3:20 is a reasonably realistic effort for me. Under 3:30 I'll be happy.

Cotswold sprint in September: Sub 90 minutes please :-)

didds

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    Clacton in september am doing the olyimpic distance event and will be my 1st tri so just going to finish.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Hey Willtri, good idea to practice sea swimming before newquay sprint. in september the swell picks up and lusty glaze picks up the most of all the town beaches-could be a bit of a battle if its on! and i'll not comment on the steps up the cliff to T1....

Actually mate, i might just do it with ya!! lol

Cheers Jester - as if I wasn't feeling the fear - you've cranked it up a few notches [:D]
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    London Triathlon Olympic.

I'm in the sub 2:30 wave at the moment. I'm not sure if that's a carrot on a stick or just the stick! Every other race is just for fun.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Vitruvian 5th September.

Hmm... Really got to sit down and plan training for it.

Will also be at Eton on the 16th May, Windsor Oly and London Oly
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    2 'a' races for me too, harwich oly- want to go sub 2hr 15 and then ironman, aiming for sub 11 hrs but would be happy with anything under 12 hours