Home Chat Race Chat

Brighton Triathlon

I've had an email from Urbanrace which contains the following from Brighton & Hove council:

Brighton Triathlon

Following the postponement of the Brighton Triathlon this year the council have issued this statement: "Brighton and Hove City Council are sorry not to be able to host the Triathlon in 2009, it has always been an event enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. It is an extremely well organised event that has grown in popularity and status over the years. 2009 has brought us a unique set of circumstances where we have no suitable dates left to hold the event, principally due to us hosting the Labour Party Conference with it’s attendant security arrangements. We are looking forward to working with the organisers to bring the triathlon back to Brighton in 2010"

Not helping with my increasing frustration with said council...

blurredgirl

Comments

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Shame. I was looking forward to doing that as my first sea-swim tri.
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    Am i right in thinking that the Brighton Marina Tri is still a goer, date 20 Sep (i think?)
  • Or you could try the Worthing Olympic, 16th August. Just along the coast.........
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Thats a shame, did brighton a few years ago, tough swim!!

Heres a pic, I'm in there somewhere.............

[image]local://1517/827EB5307FC7419E826BBD5AA32ACB05.jpg[/image]
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    ConspiracyTheory wrote:

Or you could try the Worthing Olympic, 16th August. Just along the coast.........

already in the diary!!!